Transmission Id Help!

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Ok, I've been looking for a 904 for my pushbutton 360 I'm building. A guy says he has a tranny out of a Belvedere he will sell me ... he says its a 65 cable driven from a 273..

Question 1) will this work with my pushbutton??

2) he gave me the numbers 466122w 174169 are they right?

I have not been able to locate any info on those numbers, though I did find 2466123w ....says its from a 65 Barracuda dart valiant ...

anybody have a clue here...? Help!

Don't know if it will work. I think it should, probably only difference is the tailshaft, not sure.

as far as i can remember, all those tranys hooked up the same weather it was floor, colum or pushbutton. the early ones had that nasty ball and trunion style front joint. the '65 should have a regular slip yoke.

so...yay or nay ...should I get it...? will I have issues with my trans mount???

The only difference between the trannies are the cables need to be for your application. the 65 A-Body tranny has the ball & trunnion u-joint but the 65 B-Body tranny had the slip yoke and should be a 727

Just make sure it isn't an older tranny, they didn't have a park in them. They relied on the E brake.

so the b body tailhousing will fit in my car ....??

It will bolt up, the only other issue will be if it is a 727 the bell housing will hit the lip in the tunnel and the tail shaft is longer but the mount is in the same spot.

Are you using this in a 64 Barracuda?

Ok, I've been looking for a 904 for my pushbutton 360 I'm building. A guy says he has a tranny out of a Belvedere he will sell me ... he says its a 65 cable driven from a 273..

Question 1) will this work with my pushbutton??

2) he gave me the numbers 466122w 174169 are they right?

I have not been able to locate any info on those numbers, though I did find 2466123w ....says its from a 65 Barracuda dart valiant ...

anybody have a clue here...? Help!

When I converted from a 225 and 3 speed, I put a '65 Coronet 273 and trans (904) in my '65 Dart. The tailshaft is longer on the "B" body 904. You will have to fab a rear motor (trans) mount. Your speedo cable won't fit because of crossmember interference. The shifter and park cables fit and work just fine. You need to shorten your driveshaft. Of course, you could install the "A" body tailshaft and housing and it will be a direct swap.

-
Back