Transmission part questions

-

jlindemann

Reaction score
My Dad has a '64 Barracuda that has a transmission leak. He took it to a local shop and they gave me the following things to be replaced. They wrote it on a sheet for my Dad and he wanted me to do some research and price things out first. Can anyone help me out on part numbers for the following items: they said I needed 2 new shift cables, plus gaskets and O-rings, as well as a new Park housing gasket. Sorry, I know this isn't going to be easy to do, but hoping the geniuses on here can help.

Thanks

Minus the cables, this is called a reseal job(common when a trans leaks)
Here's an example of the parts for a 904. It's for 66-67 but you get the idea.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Torqueflite-904-RESEAL-Kit-1966-67-V-8-Slant-6-/220439611156

Since you didn't say which tranny and what cables I cant tell you much more than that.
What trans and I'm assuming the shifter cables?

My Dad has a '64 Barracuda that has a transmission leak. He took it to a local shop and they gave me the following things to be replaced. They wrote it on a sheet for my Dad and he wanted me to do some research and price things out first. Can anyone help me out on part numbers for the following items: they said I needed 2 new shift cables, plus gaskets and O-rings, as well as a new Park housing gasket. Sorry, I know this isn't going to be easy to do, but hoping the geniuses on here can help.

Thanks

what is wrong with the cables?

search this site-- there has been numerous threads on leaking push button transmissions-- typical culprit is the "o" ring seal around the shifter cable.
Lawrence

Your gasket and seal kit should be no problem at all to get. Go to your local transmission shop, or any auto parts supplier and they should be able to get it for you. Just make sure that it includes the pump seal and the extension housing seal. No big deal. You'll need to know what year and which model to insure you get the right kit for your car.
The cables are another story. I had a customer who needed them for the old push button TF and he had to go to a Company called Imperial Services (phone 989-652-6309, in Frankenmuth, MI). Not cheap, but they were right for his applications.

Thanks for all the info, trying to get Imperial to bring a new set of cables to Mopar Nats for me, have a friend going down there. Also found out there was no kickdown linkage on the trans and am going to replace all the orings and seals at once.

-
Back