Transmission

-

74-Dart

Reaction score
Im new to the forum and also new to owning a Dodge. I currently own a 74 Dart. My question is what type of transmission would bolt up to a 360 block? Currently it is an automatic which I believe is a 904 from what I researched. Kind of want to change it over to a 4 or 5 speed if possible. Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

You don't say what motor is in the car. If it's a 318 or 360 904 tranny will bolt up. If a six cylinder no good. Converting to stick is a lot of work and gathering of parts, although can be done. Guys on this forum sell the pedals and other goodies you'll need.

It says 360 block in his post.
Pretty much any smallblock bellhousing transmissIon will bolt up to the engine.
Also a lot of early '90s Overdrive transmissions (3+1OD) will bolt up, but extensive floorboard and crossmember modifications are necessary.

I don't think he said it was a 360 block. He was asking if a 904 will bolt up to a 360. That's why I asked what motor is in the car.

I don't think he said it was a 360 block. He was asking if a 904 will bolt up to a 360. That's why I asked what motor is in the car.
Maybe I worded it wrong. It has a 360 in it and a 904 transmission in it currently. Wanting to switch over to a standard transmission

That clears up the confusion. I know sometimes I think of what to write but it comes out wrong in type. I proof read it and still screw it up.

-
Back