Transport recommendations needed

-

Dusteriffic

Stink finger
Reaction score
Guys,

Due to some life changes she must make, my loving mother has seen fit to give me her most prized possession, a stunning 59,000 mile 1992 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance. This flawless vehicle still looks as it did when she picked it up from the dealership 20 years ago and I will ensure that it remains so.

Here's my issue...the car is in Detroit and I live in San Diego, so I'm in need of a transport company.

Who would you trust to ensure the safe arrival of your baby in the exact same condition in which it was picked up 2,000 miles away?

I've used uship twice both times without any problems they use a feedback system much like ebay never take the first offer

yep. ive used uship to transport my 77 chevy 4x4 from texas to california. it was like 800 bucks, that was nearly 5 years ago though...

2X ...Used uship once was cheapest but, I did not care carrier was open...Closed costs a lot more than open.....
:iconbigg:

I've used uship twice both times without any problems they use a feedback system much like ebay never take the first offer

I decided to go with Reliable Carriers, Inc. for transporting the Caddy. They haul a lot of Barrett-Jackson cars, prototypes, exotics, show cars, etc.

After placing the request for pick up on 10/11, I was getting worried that the car had gone so long without being picked up. After touching base with their internet order service guy on 11/5, he assured me it would be pick up by today.

Mom called today and said a giant orange semi-truck showed up earlier this afternoon. After spending about half an hour with the driver going over the car with a fine tooth comb (outside, inside, engine bay and trunk), the driver loaded the 18ft-long white monster inside. He spent another 20 mins or so securing it to the floor inside the fully enclosed trailer. She said they even cover the top of the car so no fluids from the vehicle above can trash the paint or vinyl top.

At this point, it goes back to the lot where they'll reposition it inside another trailer according to when it will be dropped off in relation to the 6 other cars that it will be with.

I was also told by the company that I can contact them anytime to get the location of the car using their GPS system.

Delivery time is 2-4 weeks. I'm already watching the clock. :toothy10:

Below is a couple of bad pics. It was pretty dirty at the time.

Attachments

• Caddy 02.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Caddy 03.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 111
-
Back