Tremec Speedo Cable

-

JGizmo

Reaction score
Hi all, apologies if this has already been asked about. I swapped a Tremec tr3550 into my '65 Valiant and I do not currently have a speedo cable. I'm wondering if there is a cable out there that will work with this setup or if I need to get ahold of some sort of adapter. Thanks!

IMG_4685.jpg

Both ways are available.. The GM adapter for 7/8-18 works with the Mopar cable.. But it eats up space in a tight area..

And cables are available... Call Silver Sport, they have them, just not listed on their website... They are designed to use very little space...

The one Silver Sport gave me in my 6 spd conversion kit hooks to trans and stock speedo no adapters. But like said above you'll have to call them cause they don't have everything on their web site.

The one Silver Sport gave me in my 6 spd conversion kit hooks to trans and stock speedo no adapters. But like said above you'll have to call them cause they don't have everything on their web site.
Awesome, I'm guessing you needed to provide them with length and rear end ratio etc?

Awesome, I'm guessing you needed to provide them with length and rear end ratio etc?
Length they only offered one.. It's long enough to reach you probably need sweeping curves to use up excess length... Rear axle ratio relates to the gear you choose to use... It's a standard Ford gear... A lot like a Chevy part, it's probably in stock at your local Walmart/Kmart.... Seriously though, easy part to find...

When I got kit from Silver Sport they already knew what length was needed for the given car. Then needed rear axle ratio for the gear that goes in the trans.

-
Back