Trick for Putting MSD Wires Together??

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
i bought a universal spark plug wires kit thru MSD and have the ends i need but everything is such a tight fit none of the ends will go on! any tricks to doing this?

have you tried a bit of dielectric (have no idea how to spell it) grease???? last set i made years ago it is what i used....

well i tried the dielectric grease and it goes in about 3 inches and then just stops like the wire is to big? they are 8.5 universal MSD wires and the boots i bought are Part Number 3301, maybe there for 8.0 wires? cuz these F**kin things are so tight i actually broke a wire...

WD-40!

I have made up a bunch of them over the years with no problems. Spray inside the boot ... spray the wire... insert. Soak it good and then wipe it off. Check with ohm meter and install.

I've used wire dryer. It's a spray to remove moisture from wiring such as spark plug wires that we exposed to moisture. Works really good. Jayson

I use a pair of needle nose pliers to stretch out the boot hole. then spray with wd-40 and assemble before the hole shrinks back to size.

Like an old timer told me years ago"USE A LITTLE BRAKE FLUID, YOU CAN STRETCH A KNATS *** OVER A TELEPHONE POLE WITH A LITTLE BRAKE FLUID"
Ok I don't advise the brake fluid bit, but that old saying was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. I've used WD-40 and the needle nose trick in the past.

Like an old timer told me years ago"USE A LITTLE BRAKE FLUID, YOU CAN STRETCH A KNATS *** OVER A TELEPHONE POLE WITH A LITTLE BRAKE FLUID"
Ok I don't advise the brake fluid bit, but that old saying was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. I've used WD-40 and the needle nose trick in the past.

hahaha omg that was what i needed after a 12hr day at work hahaha thats awsome!

grr i felt like an elephant ****** all over my new wires!!! and my hands

I'm reminded of Clifford Franklin on The Replacements with the stickum comment ... "Now Coach you KNOW this don't look natural! I look like I just ja**ed off an elephant!"

And LMAO @ Terry too.

I love hangin out with the boys. :love7: Somehow, I just can't see working that in tactfully amongst lunch with the girls over a latte.

I'm reminded of Clifford Franklin on The Replacements with the stickum comment ... "Now Coach you KNOW this don't look natural! I look like I just ja**ed off an elephant!"

And LMAO @ Terry too.

I love hangin out with the boys. :love7: Somehow, I just can't see working that in tactfully amongst lunch with the girls over a latte.

haha thats what i was watching while i was trying to do this! haha

now for the truly sick since we are started down that path,ive actually used a little ky,or whatever personal naughty lube the wife and i have at the time

-
Back