Trick to install sway bars??

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to install my Addco sway bar tomorrow on the Dart.

The directions are vauge, although I DO know how to mount it. My question is: Is there some special trick to help feed the bar through the K-member?

I figured if I asked now, it might save me some trouble this weekend.

Thanks

You need to get the front end way up in the air in order to gain enough clearance to to twist it in there, if it's anything like the way my Duster went.

When I say "way up in the air" I mean WAY UP IN THE AIR. I struggled with mine for an hour on a lift before I swore it must be the wrong part and was not going to fit. Addco 1-1/8" bar. I finally got it about 30 degrees nose-high (still on the lift) before it went in. It would be no problem at all on a two-post or center post lift. Problem was clearing the runway.

I think it will be extremely difficult blocking it up on the ground, but not impossible. Just BE CAREFUL!

hmm...OK. I have VERY large jack stands.

But, I have a friend with a lift. Maybe I'll just arrange something with him.

just out of curiosity...when I'm at work and something like a late model GM car comes in I simply lower the rear cross member by removing the 2 bolts and a long jackstand then showhorn the sway bar into position. Never tried it yet on a mopar, but maybe it'll work.

-
Back