Trickflow Powerport 190 heads and TTI Headers

-

Ivoryk3ys78

Reaction score
I called Bob Mazzolini to order 1 7/8 TTI race headers for the 408 we are building. He called TTI to place the order for me and he said that they are concerned from looking at pictures that the header may leak at the bottom on those heads. He said they have not seen one yet in person. I explained that they are suppose to be standard port but I guess something looks different to TTI.

I am wondering if anyone that has done a build yet has installed TTI or other headers and have had any leaking problems? Bob suggested I get headers from Powerport and send them to TTI. I am going to check summit now but I wasn't even sure if they did there own gasket.

Thanks

Kevin.

I called Bob Mazzolini to order 1 7/8 TTI race headers for the 408 we are building. He called TTI to place the order for me and he said that they are concerned from looking at pictures that the header may leak at the bottom on those heads. He said they have not seen one yet in person. I explained that they are suppose to be standard port but I guess something looks different to TTI.

I am wondering if anyone that has done a build yet has installed TTI or other headers and have had any leaking problems? Bob suggested I get headers from Powerport and send them to TTI. I am going to check summit now but I wasn't even sure if they did there own gasket.

Thanks

Kevin.
Hi there
I have trick flows on my 340
I ran them for awhile with manifolds it took using a header flange on the drivers side as a spacer to fit but it worked just fine.
So a week ago I replaced the manifolds with a set of Doug's with no issues at all.
They are just touching the power steering gear box but not the cyl. Head.
Hope that helps.
Good luck on your project!

Oh and I used percys dead soft aluminum gaskets with their bolts that lock.
No leaks..

I have the TTI 1 3/4" on the Trick Flow 190 heads, no issues here. I used the Fel-Pro exhaust gasket.

have a really good reason to go with the larger dia headers
like brackets
on the street I'd stay smaller even with a 408

Thanks

Kevin.

The exhaust sealing surface on the TF head is HUGE. I can't figure out what the issue is. A 1 7/8 header seals on an OE head, so why won't it seal on the TF head?

What did the change to headers do performance wise to your car? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
More power everywhere!
Noticeable increase, not as much as the Heads did but definitely noticeable.
One of the biggest changes is it's much smoother and quieter.
The 340 manifolds also had a lot of drone noise from approx 1500 to 2000 rpm
I had to add 12" long glasspacks in front of dynomax ultraflows to get it to be tolerable.
Now it's so much quieter with headers I may take the glasspacks out..

More power everywhere!
Noticeable increase, not as much as the Heads did but definitely noticeable.
One of the biggest changes is it's much smoother and quieter.
The 340 manifolds also had a lot of drone noise from approx 1500 to 2000 rpm
I had to add 12" long glasspacks in front of dynomax ultraflows to get it to be tolerable.
Now it's so much quieter with headers I may take the glasspacks out..
Ultra's are killer mufflers. They ain't quiet...but they don't rattle your teeth and ring your ears like chokemasters do.

Ultra's are killer mufflers. They ain't quiet...but they don't rattle your teeth and ring your ears like chokemasters do.
Amen,my favorite performance mufflers are hooker aerochambers (for pontiac and other brands that need more help getting a good engine sound lol) and ultraflows. To the op I had a conversation with tti about switching to the 1 7/8 headers not long ago (I have a 410 with trickflows and dougs headers) and there was no problems.If I remember correctly they have a couple sets on engines with tfs heads.

-
Back