**Trigger Wheels/pulley's "Crank Trigger"**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a 36-1 Trigger wheel that has the Pulley attached to it? Trying to keep the Trigger Pickup on the Block side of the pulley so if I loose a belt it doesn't take out the Pickup wiring etc.

ditto had to make mine also took serp pulley and installed behind it

Thanks for the pictures and responses. Mine is on a TT Build that is pretty tight so I don't know if a serp pulley and belt will work for me. I may need to use the standard V Belt Pulley for clearance issues.

mine was a saturn motor put into dune buggy so i was runing all org gm stuff

we used one fast or msd on the 588 vet worked great watch out for RMI radio magnetic interference gives you some real wicked misses and other issues use a guarded cover if you can

we used one fast or msd on the 588 vet worked great watch out for RMI radio magnetic interference gives you some real wicked misses and other issues use a guarded cover if you can

This is all new to me and I appreciate what you are telling me to watch out for.

Do you happen to have a picture of a guarded cover? I am sure I can fabricate something myself right?

Try using shielded wire to protect from rmi, do you know what that is? Where a seperate ground wire is wrapped around the signal wire, all incorporated in on one wire, does that make sense?

Try using shielded wire to protect from rmi, do you know what that is? Where a seperate ground wire is wrapped around the signal wire, all incorporated in on one wire, does that make sense?

Yes I know what that is! I am a wiring genius.......haaaaa

It looks as if most pickups are using shielded wire.

The one I ended up using was a crank sensor off of some Nissan motor I had in the shop. The one in the pictures didn't work and that one was handy.
I wired mine with the shielded wire too. Once I got the gap right I haven't had any problems with sync loss in the Megasquirt.
-Jon

-
Back