Trim clips

-

BigBlockBanjo

BigBlockBanjo
Reaction score
To all the trim gurus out there....
I have a '72 Swinger, that came from the factory with a vinyl top.
I want to just paint the top, but I now have a potential problem.
Did mopar put shorter "trim clips" on cars without vinyl tops? Without the extra material there, the trim fits loose. What is the solution?
Any help would be appreciated!!
Mopar to ya,
Banjo

P.S. I finally found all the rubber I needed....a 5-piece door/trunk kit, and the rear window gasket. All total: $280+S&H

What trim clips are you talking about? The ones that hold on the chrome trim at the base of the B-pillar and go below the rear window and trunk?

If the car did not have a vinyl top from the factory then there was no chrome trim at the base of the b-pillar and around below the rear window. Only cars with vinyl tops had the mounting studs and chrome trim.

when we took mine off we grinded off and filled the holes where the lower top chrome was if your talking about the chrome around the window my same clips worked it was loose with the old clips i bought new ones from padlock they tighten it up but were the same size they get bent alot of times when you take em off there old

Sorry that I didn't explain well enough.....
I was talking about the tabs the hold the chrome "lock-strip" down around the rear windshield. Is the chrome even nessasary? I know I have seen Darts without chrome around the rear window. I hate the thought of spending $300 just to put the window back in...........
Thanks again,
Banjo

Anyone?
Is there an alterative to the chrome trim that goes between the rubber and the body?
Surely someone out here knows the answer....

-
Back