Trim holes

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
What size are the holes for the front and rear windshield for the clips ? I have to drill all new holes today . Want to make sure the screws for snug and proper .

Second are they the same size on the doors trim near the window ? The m31 option I was asking about last week ? They appear to be but don't want to guess .

If you have the screws and clips, just measure the shank of the screws, or consult a table (screw size to drill bit). I looked, but I didn't have any leftover screws from when I did it.

How to measure something 1/8 hole in a car ? I don't have the screws but same issue last year I chose a bit that was exact same size as the hole and all screws were loose when they came

Make the holes small and use a hex head screw with the same shank size and thread it in. You don't want the screw to turn in easy the first time. To want to stretch the metal out to give the screw a good foundation. I just did a 67 barracuda and i used a real pointy awl after a small bit. Tapped it in until the screw I was using would start. Better to leave as much metal there as possible so when the screw tightens it puuls the hole out and makes it double fit. Just like a double flare.

100_0016.JPG

100_0019 (2).JPG

100_0024 (3).JPG

-
Back