Trim removal

-

chuckwagon2004

71 dartswinger
Reaction score
I am in the process of preping my dart for paint. I need some help or instructions on getting the trim off around the windows and the vinyl top. Its all in very good condition and i dont want to tear it up. I think the drip rail trim just pops on over the drip rail but the rest of the trim Im not sure about. Its a 71 dart swsinger. Any help would be nice guys I LOVE THIS SITE!!!1

well I got all the trim off except that around the back glass and the windshield.. I cant tell if its glue holding it or some kind of clip... Im not sure I wish i knew or if i would have done this before cause i would hate to tear the trim up.

There are clips. You need a special tool to remove these trim pieces.
It is a fairly cheap tool, or you might be able to borrow one if you know someone else into older cars.
C

Any luck with removing the trim? I am getting ready to do the same thing myself and was wondering how to do it. I purchased the kit from Harbor Freight as well, about a year ago, and I am just getting around to using it.

I had no clue which tool was the right one though, until I read this post.

Joe

I did this recently, just take your time and don't try to force it. Getting the first clip off is the hardest, easier from there on.

PC120014.JPG

-
Back