trip to the ER

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
had to go to the ER Friday night my face hurt so bad I was in tears. After sitting for an hour there and I was the only one in the waiting room I finally got back. The doctor did next to nothing checked my ear and teeth then said noting looking swollen or red gave me 6 vicoden and sent me home. I showed her very swollen limp nodes but still gave no antibiotics. so by sunday I was out of pain meds and still hurting so bad I couldnt even lay down to sleep. in 48hrs I got maybe 2hr sleep. I decided to take it upon my self to handle the infection of which I am sure there is but she thought otherwise. I went to a local feed store bought a bottle of liquid penicillin and took two ml with milk every 6-8 hrs. guess what last night I could finally sleep. today my limp node is more than half the size it was. I am still in mild pain but I know it will be gone soon since I am getting what I needed. this just reminds me why im getting into the medical field. so many out there don't take the time or care for their patients like they use to. she could have at least ran a blood test the infection would have showed up. well that's my rant lol I don't recommend treating your self unless you know what you are doing you could easily make it far worse. that said I only had to pay 11 dollars for what I did to fix it my ER bill was 316 for 6 vicoden and a 2 1/2 hr visit.:finga:

Lymph

Good call on the penicillin.
I keep a big bottle of Amoxicillin in the cupboard just for those kinds of infections.

antibiotics dont help viral infections... they work for bacterial, however.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infectious-disease/AN00652

that's good info for people I knew this already but I am glad you posted it. I believe this was caused by a bad wisdom tooth I need to get pulled and I seem to be right as my symptoms are going away now. also I learned dosage and mg to ml conversion for medicine in my classes a while ago or I wouldn't have attempted this.

Almost sounds like shingles to me. Most painful condition ever. Can leave scarring. Dan

Shingles would have left a rash if I explained it more you would see why i figured it was from my tooth you have two sets of nerve systems on the side that was hurting and based on where it hurt the most and which nodes were swollen is how I figured it was from the tooth

-
Back