troubled carter 2bbl. what else were they fitted to?

-

rebrabtrebor

Aussie A body AP6 1966 V8
Reaction score
hi all
Having running issues with my 273 V8 running carter 2bbl. holds back on hard acceleration and wont let me get over 55mph! i have only recently acquired the car and it had (i assume to be) the original carter carbie in the boot, but it looks well past its sell by date! in case the previous owner put the wrong carbie on, or its just a rubbish knackered carbie, what else were they fitted to? I can get one from the states - but might just get lucky and find something over here to do the job, maybe even a better one!

thanks all

English Rob! :newb:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=6077

Unless it's broken or complete worn out, I'd clean it out and put a kit in it. If it's the car in your avatar, that was the last year for the clamp-on style air cleaner so, anything you find, will be the same year or older. You might luck out and find an NOS one but I wouldn't count on it. The MPH limit is not usually a carb problem unless the float valve is partially plugged or stuck. I would check the fuel volume, and distributor for more likely causes. Even a plugged exhaust is more likely than the carb.

-
Back