tru trac or locker

-

cuda20

Reaction score
I put a new 727 trans with a Griner brake in my cuda this winter and now I need to up grade the sure grip. Rearend is a strange dana 60 with 373 gears. I drive it on the street as much as I race it so I don't want to use a spool. Car weighs #3455 lb with me in it and runs 11.0's at 120mph on the motor.60ft's are 1.57-8 sec, tires are 295/55/15 MT DR.I'll be leaving off the brake at 4000 rpm.Anybody have some advice on which one, eaton trutrac or detriot locker would be better.
Thanks

Attachments

• P4140017.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 213
There were two types of sure grips. Early ones were power locks with the 4 spider gears and two shafts like the early clutch type 8 3/4 diffs. Those are really strong and should hold up with your new combo. The later trac lock type have only two spider gears on one shaft and are prone to cracking under heavy loads. Hence the nickname "crack lock" As far sd the trutrack goes I have heard nothing but good things about them and would buy one over the locker. I have a power lock right now and if it ever breaks which is doubtful I will go trutrack.

When I ordered my S60 from Strange, they suggested the TruTrac over the locker for street use and I've got a bit more in my combo. 517" big block dyno'd 638hp 671tq without the spray. GM 4l80 with a brake and 3.73's in the 60 with 28-14.5/15 Quick Time Pro's out back.

TruTrac works great for me. 1.70 sec 60 foot (12 second car) and it will plant the power in a turn without spinning the car out.

i just got a moser dana 60. 3.73 gear also. mine will be a street car with 850 plus hp, and a four speed. i got a true trak for mine. a detroit locker would suck on the street......

-
Back