Truck dies...IN EVERY GEAR!!

-
I would also pull the PCV valve out of the valve cover and make sure it is still intact. I have seen them fall apart.
~Michael

keep throttling. I tried that already too.:banghead:

By taking the screw in and getting off the idle circuit pretty much takes the carb idle circuit out of the equation for me.

Wish i had a quick fix for you. I'll keep thinking on it though.

There is no vacuum leak. I have shot carb cleaner in every single spot place and crack and bolt and thread and fitting and plug. No leaks. I messed with the idle speed screw and bumped it up some, now it doesn't die immediately, but I have yet to get to do an extended test as my father wants some nap time.

Turned up the idle speed about a quarter turn if anyone is wondering. I have no clue the RPM. I'm gonna see if I can get my tach to work again. It started smoking yesterday and I snatched it off at every connection.

Hate to go in a completely different direction. But, did the tach and the stalling happen at the same time? Could the tach have shorted something in the ign system causing a very weak spark? Just throwing out ideas at this point.

Hate to go in a completely different direction. But, did the tach and the stalling happen at the same time? Could the tach have shorted something in the ign system causing a very weak spark? Just throwing out ideas at this point.
Nope, I had my negative batter cable fall out of the terminal because some old guy messed with it when I helped him on the side of the road. He thought he was tightening it to the battery but he was actually loosening the wire from the terminal.

definitely need to rule out everything outside the engine. id hate to see you go through all that just to have the same problem

definitely need to rule out everything outside the engine. id hate to see you go through all that just to have the same problem

so far, it's looking like a carburetor issue. My fuel pump is really new and the filter didn't have much debris in it when I first checked it. I'll check again

does it have a choke maybe its stuck that would make it run like crap
choke is kinda wacked out, but its just the thermostat. Normally, it stays open because when I first got it running and timed it to 12* advanced (maybe a lil more) the choke would suffocate the engine

can you explain again exactly what its doing? it wont idle? but it will run with the throttle? if thats the case it sounds like its running out fuel. i hate to keep beating this death but im not there LOL

can you explain again exactly what its doing? it wont idle? but it will run with the throttle? if thats the case it sounds like its running out fuel. i hate to keep beating this death but im not there LOL

I am in the same position. Trying to help figure out what the problem is from across the internet. :banghead:

In order to keep it running do you need to pump the accelerator pedal or just hold steady throttle pressure?

~Michael

it wont idle for long and it will run with throttle.

I am in the same position. Trying to help figure out what the problem is from across the internet. :banghead:

In order to keep it running do you need to pump the accelerator pedal or just hold steady throttle pressure?

~Michael

just hold steady pressure

have you tried jacking up the idle screw to keep it running? its sounding more and more like a bad fuel pump to me. just because its new doesnt mean its good

have you tried jacking up the idle screw to keep it running? its sounding more and more like a bad fuel pump to me. just because its new doesnt mean its good
Yeah, I did that. It keeps it running a little longer now that I have it running higher now. Does that help any?

-
Back