"Truck only" parts on early ones?

-

volaredon

Reaction score
I brought home another/6 today. 225 supposedly pulled from 64 truck I don't know if it was a100 or D Series though there was a d series driver door not far from where the engine sat. (only remnant of older Dodge truck in the barn beside this engine and trans)
It has the cartridge oil filter housing, a rebuild able fuel pump and a oil bath air filter housing.
Also has the adapter plate and cable shift , small block 727 attached (I got it for that adapter plate, had to take the whole works to get that) these are what I'm asking about being "truck parts only" or not. It's complete from air filter housing to drain plug and fan to e brake drum ... I might strap it down to the trailer and see if I can get it to fire.... It's actually pretty clean. Alternator starter and ignition coil still present and it does turn over by grabbing the belt
And ive never seen a true front sump pan on anything Mopar before

(head banging against brick wall) figures someone would respond that way....

(head banging against brick wall) figures someone would respond that way....
Lol, that's OK, We just like to see what's being discussed....really cool find to grab. Other than chassis specific oil sumps & shot-peened forged cranks on HD Trucks, the cartridge style filters were used early & on industrial stuff, I'm sure @slantsixdan has the app minutia/breakdown for all of those items...if He's not too busy baking Christmas cookies... :lol:

-
Back