Truck question,need help

-

Darter6

Reaction score
I've fixed the gas tank twice on my 88 Ram D350 gas/carb engine.It's a plastic saddle tank and split at the top. I want to replace it but no one makes a replacement tank that I can find on the internet.
I was told that one from a Ramcharger that mounts where the spare tire is the only option.
Any Ideas or Suggestions I am open to.
Hard to believe than no after market tanks are made for the 74 to 92 Rams.:banghead:

On my 92 D250 Cummins, the tank was ok, but the straps were rusted through. So bad, I thought the tank would fall out. I got aftermarket straps and of course they were wrong. Not long enough. Checked with the Mopar dealer. They said they could order them and they cost $180.00. I said no thanks. I made straps out of 3/8 link chain and cushioned them with rubber beds. Looks pretty cool. And.... I know the tank aint comin out !!

Thanks 64physhy. I checked with each that you have listed.No luck,currently don't have anything. I have heard that they are hard to come by. I got a used one before it was for a FI instead of one with a carb.Tried to make it work but no dice.
The wrecking yards around here remove all fuel tanks and are destroyed.I guess it's a EPA thing.

Thanks 64physhy. I checked with each that you have listed.No luck,currently don't have anything. I have heard that they are hard to come by. I got a used one before it was for a FI instead of one with a carb.Tried to make it work but no dice.

You may have to find a good used one then. Or retrofit one for your purposes. Been having a little trouble on and off finding stuff for my Ram also.

I have an 83 tank or I have Ramcharger tanks all carb

Does the strap look like any other fuel strap? Does it have like an arrow on one side that goes into the frame slot and the other side had hole for a bolt or tie down rod?
If so find one that is close and cut it and add in section, if you cannot weld find some that can .

LMC Truck has them in there Dodge catalog page 59

1972-1993 Dodge Ram Truck
55-6599 GAS TANK STRAP SET $74.95 $74.95
In Stock

The ebay one is the FI tank. I have that one. Thanks.

Does the strap look like any other fuel strap? Does it have like an arrow on one side that goes into the frame slot and the other side had hole for a bolt or tie down rod?
If so find one that is close and cut it and add in section, if you cannot weld find some that can .

See post #3

-
Back