True Bracket Car vs True Street Car....

-
Lol.. "deadhook" ... same arena as Colonel Flagg saying he's from counterintelligence LOL...
???? Dead hook means I can leave with turning the tires - most of the time LOL... Always a chance I could go up in 1 tire fire... LOL Surprised I had to explain this to you...

Again, this is the normal situation:
  • a true bracket racer and car that runs 12 flat will have an ET that's something like 108 mph and a 1.6 60f t.
  • A true Street car that runs 12 flat will have an ET that's something like 111 mph and a 1.78 60 ft time.
Why? Suspension is one reason. Most "TRUE" street cars don't run all over with 90/10 shocks in the front, etc etc, Battery in the back with no alternator and use a generator after every 15 seconds of running... LOL, have 5.13 gears and a 5200 stall converter. All which gives you a better ET with less MPH. My point was, a lot of bracket racers see mph and say "your 60 ft is off, you should be at XX.XX ET." not considering it's a street car without a pure drag race set up on the car. I guess I haven't been very clear...LOL :)

Doesnt take a “ drag race setup” to run optimally on the street and at the track.
My 70 Duster ran 9.80’s
Comp engineering cheap 3 way shocks all around. And the front set at 90/10 had zero ill effects on the street
Mopar 002/003 super stock springs in stock location.
Alternator( run a 1 wire these days) but this was the factory type alternator. I made a smart... lol decision when i bought the alternator at Auto zone to get a life time warranty. Over the years ate up probably 7 or 8 of them in the water box.
The basically crude, street friendly suspension produced typical 1.36 ish 60 foots. Best was 1.34.
Doesnt take much to get an A body to work nicely at the track because of the ample rear overhang.
Like Flyfish said earlier, pretty much, a little thought can produce a car that is very effective in both places, street or strip.
The above car was capable of those numbers driving it on a 70 mile jaunt round trip to put up those numbers, because i did it.

Doesnt take a “ drag race setup” to run optimally on the street and at the track.
My 70 Duster ran 9.80’s
Comp engineering cheap 3 way shocks all around. And the front set at 90/10 had zero ill effects on the street
Mopar 002/003 super stock springs in stock location.
Alternator( run a 1 wire these days) but this was the factory type alternator. I made a smart... lol decision when i bought the alternator at Auto zone to get a life time warranty. Over the years ate up probably 7 or 8 of them in the water box.
The basically crude, street friendly suspension produced typical 1.36 ish 60 foots. Best was 1.34.
Doesnt take much to get an A body to work nicely at the track because of the ample rear overhang.
Like Flyfish said earlier, pretty much, a little thought can produce a car that is very effective in both places, street or strip.
LOL.. do you think 9.80's on the street represent 98% of all classic Mopar street cars out there? I just went to a Mopar show of all street driven mopars there. Not sure if there was an 11 second car among any of the street cars driven in, except a couple of Hellcats. Bunch of nice, mild 340 challengers, or 383 2bbl Monaco, etc etc. This is the crowd I'm referring too..... their MPH will be a little higher for the ET because they do not have the 5200 stall and 4.56 gears. Yet, the bracket racer will challenge the 60 ft time as the week spot as if there is something they can do about it save - - - steep gears, high stall, light weight, all which isn't going to happen to these guys cars. In fact, they know this already, but chose NOT to have those for their cruisers.

???? Dead hook means I can leave with turning the tires - most of the time LOL... Always a chance I could go up in 1 tire fire... LOL Surprised I had to explain this to you...
"Dead" as in no power..lol.. hook....
"Counter" as in opposite...lol.. of intelligence....

"Dead" as in no power..lol.. hook....
"Counter" as in opposite...lol.. of intelligence....
a spinning wheel is a "live" wheel. "Dead" to spinning, meaning no wheel spin. Still surprised I had to explain :realcrazy:

If I get to use my seat-of-the-pants Dino I have an 11 second Street cars as well...
But seat of the pants dinos are generally for internet superheroes...
I'm just an internet supermodel...
With the slowest stroker on the internet..
Bahahaha...

If I get to use my seat-of-the-pants Dino I have an 11 second Street cars as well...
But seat of the pants dinos are generally for internet superheroes...
I'm just an internet supermodel...
With the slowest stroker on the internet..
Bahahaha...
Sure your name isn't Thomas???? LOL

a spinning wheel is a "live" wheel. "Dead" to spinning, meaning no wheel spin. Still surprised I had to explain :realcrazy:
What I'm getting at rocket scientist is your saying your car dead hooks is the equivalent of saying my Briggs & Stratton mini bike dead hooks LOL... Well of course it dead hooks what do you think's going to happen when it has a little power..lol...
it's been fun this morning but I've got to go get some work done out in the yard lol...

What I'm getting at rocket scientist is your saying your car dead hooks is the equivalent of saying my Briggs & Stratton mini bike dead hooks LOL... Well of course it dead hooks what do you think's going to happen when it has a little power..lol...
it's been fun this morning but I've got to go get some work done out in the yard lol...
1.86 60 ft time with 2.94 and stock converter.... must be some power. I know a 410 stroker with 3.54's that all last summer could barely muster a 1.9. Talk about noth'n happening... LOL
:lol:

1.86 60 ft time with 2.94 and stock converter.... must be some power. I know a 410 stroker with 3.54's that all last summer could barely muster a 1.9. Talk about noth'n happening... LOL
:lol:
Well this fits your conversation perfectly then. talking about driving to the track and being able to drive back home without putting it on a trailer. You know for a fact I have 1-5 and 1-6 60 ft x with the car which are not great either LOL.. when I drive to the track with my wife I did not try and get strong 60-foot times..
Hey I have the slowest stroker on the internet I've got my claim to fame...
Now can I go do my yard work?...

Well this fits your conversation perfectly then. talking about driving to the track and being able to drive back home without putting it on a trailer. You know for a fact I have 1-5 and 1-6 60 ft x with the car which are not great either LOL.. when I drive to the track with my wife I did not try and get strong 60-foot times..
Hey I have the slowest stroker on the internet I've got my claim to fame...
Now can I go do my yard work?...
a high 1.6 is all I remember, when you had 4.10 gears and slicks, and the car and doors gutted. Hmmm.....

LOL.. do you think 9.80's on the street represent 98% of all classic Mopar street cars out there? I just went to a Mopar show of all street driven mopars there. Not sure if there was an 11 second car among any of the street cars driven in, except a couple of Hellcats. Bunch of nice, mild 340 challengers, or 383 2bbl Monaco, etc etc. This is the crowd I'm referring too..... their MPH will be a little higher for the ET because they do not have the 5200 stall and 4.56 gears. Yet, the bracket racer will challenge the 60 ft time as the week spot as if there is something they can do about it save - - - steep gears, high stall, light weight, all which isn't going to happen to these guys cars. In fact, they know this already, but chose NOT to have those for their cruisers.

haha.... we hang out in different circles.
Guys that cruise, hang out at the local cruise in by me
72 Demon, Runs 11.80’s
71 Demon runs 10.70’s
69 Dart ( me) runs 11.20’s
71 Cuda Runs 11.60’s, upgraded this year, now good bit quicker... find out July 10th
73 Duster... new motor, ran 10.40’s with old one, new one might be quicker
72 Gold Duster turbo car... driven everywhere, high 8’s maybe quicker. NT car.
71 Dart( little brother) 12.70’s( has a 10 sec 66 Dart he doesn't drive on the street, no mufflers, could if bothered to put some on)

Last edited:
-
Back