True deck

-
That's gonna vary a good bit by location, but my guy here does it for 175. That's getting it parallel to the crank center line AND squaring it up too.

That's gonna vary a good bit by location, but my guy here does it for 175. That's getting it parallel to the crank center line AND squaring it up too.
Thank you Sir ! I really want to true deck this 400 block before I build it ! Yes I understand it’s gonna be different everywhere ! Just wanted some idea …..

Thank you Sir ! I really want to true deck this 400 block before I build it ! Yes I understand it’s gonna be different everywhere ! Just wanted some idea ….
Sho nuff.

The guy I use here in CT is like $400.00
He also squares the back of the block (trans mounting surface) to the crank centerline.

Jackass's around my area are at $300.00
I'm trying to talk my boss into getting the machine. It's almost possible in our surfacer but big block Chrysler won't fit.

I called Morgan and Son Racing Engines today ! True deck, bore, and torque plate honed 550.00
That's decent. See if they will tell you what they use for a reference for the deck and also how they locate the cylinders when they bore.

I will see if they will ! What’s the correct answer to both those question

I will see if they will ! What’s the correct answer to both those questions ?
I have no idea, because that's gonna be totally dependent on their equipment. If they tell you they use a piece of paper on an arbor stuck down in the bore to locate the bore, find another shop. The guy I use uses a Rottler. This one in fact:
Rottler EM79ATC Multi Purpose Vertical CNC Machining Center with Automatic Tool Changer That thing can do it all and do it right.

I have no idea, because that's gonna be totally dependent on their equipment. If they tell you they use a piece of paper on an arbor stuck down in the bore to locate the bore, find another shop. The guy I use uses a Rottler. This one in fact:
Rottler EM79ATC Multi Purpose Vertical CNC Machining Center with Automatic Tool Changer That thing can do it all and do it right.
They build a lot of engines around here in this part of the country ! They all run fast ! I didn’t think they would mess with my Mopar stuff ! But to my surprise they do ! Even got torque plates for Mopars ! We have a lot of machine shops around here , and none of them like mopars ! Long waiting list though!

They build a lot of engines around here in this part of the country ! They all run fast ! I didn’t think they would mess with my Mopar stuff ! But to my surprise they do ! Even got torque plates for Mopars ! We have a lot of machine shops around here , and none of them like mopars ! Long waiting list though!
They don't like Mopars cause they burn a Mudhole in their ***, then turn around and Roll the tires till it's dry....after the Mopar pulls out their Headlights!

-
Back