trunk lock punched out

-
Is the whole thing missing or just the outside cover? If its just the cover then you can use a screw driver to open it.

Should be able to take long thin screw driver through the hole for lock cylinder into the slot on latch and twist to the right and open right up.Piece of cake.

that is standard mopar -- long flat blade screwdriver-- insert, twist & open!!

Thanks Ill give the long screwdriver a shot and NO to the sawzal and plasma cutter :p maybe the pry bar if its being a bad car.. but doubtfully we love each other :) haha

Thanks Ill give the long screwdriver a shot and NO to the sawzal and plasma cutter :p maybe the pry bar if its being a bad car.. but doubtfully we love each other :) haha

No need for a pry bar. If all else fails just go in from the back seat with a flashlight and a medium size screw driver. If you are in the trubk you will turn the screw driver left to pop the latch.

No need for a pry bar. If all else fails just go in from the back seat with a flashlight and a medium size screw driver. If you are in the trubk you will turn the screw driver left to pop the latch.
XS2 , i have done this more times than i can count. it only takes a few minutes to take the seat out

The red circle is the slot that you will find inside the lock opening.
Put something in that slot that can fit in it and turn it to the right until the trunk pops open.

The black circle is the part that turns it when you twist the lock with a key.

Weird huh?

removed the back seat crawled in and took the mechanism right off as there was somehow a lack of flat screw drivers around here last night and the patience wore thin.. removed the two half inch screws and am ready to get new tumblers now.. phew.. one thing down.. onto the next :D

XS2 , i have done this more times than i can count. it only takes a few minutes to take the seat out
pretty sad when you need to explain this....it was meant as a frigging joke.....

-
Back