Trunk Mat Advice

-

ringo440

Reaction score
Looking to buy a trunk mat for my Duster and see three different ones , rubber ,vinyl, and felt back.Which is the better mat. I have seen some that will not lay flat they want to curl up around the edges I am thinking that must be the vinyl one. And a good vendor to purchase it from.

I just bought a uncut universal rubber one for my but thats because I don't have a normal trunk. I got mine from stockinteriors.com

Be sure to check around on the pricing prior to buying the mat. I have seen vendors selling the cheaper quality vinyl mats at the price that I sell the rubber REM mats for. There are basically two vendors for precut mats and both of them are of similar quality. The difference is that one vendor may fit a particular car make and model better than the other. A good retailer knows which ones fit better than the others. And REM does not offer the mats retail, but do have a larger group of vendors carrying their product.

Be sure to check around on the pricing prior to buying the mat. I have seen vendors selling the cheaper quality vinyl mats at the price that I sell the rubber REM mats for. There are basically two vendors for precut mats and both of them are of similar quality. The difference is that one vendor may fit a particular car make and model better than the other. A good retailer knows which ones fit better than the others. And REM does not offer the mats retail, but do have a larger group of vendors carrying their product.
Good info. thanks Did you sell a friend of mine rear glass interior trim for a Charger in GA. this week ?

Yes, if he should be doing a 70 Charger in Pinehurst. I also have sold a good bit of product to a gentleman in Dublin, GA. as well. Also, for the general public, because some of the manufactures cut is not 100% correct, a person can buy bulk material and you can use your old mat as a template. People are always complaining that the 68 to 69 Road Runners and Coronet trunk mats do not fit for an example. The problem is that there are two different styles of trunk bracing and most people are not aware of that. So there is a 50% chance of getting the right or wrong mat and then they get upset with the fit. The vendors and buyers need to know what they are buying.

Yes, if he should be doing a 70 Charger in Pinehurst. I also have sold a good bit of product to a gentleman in Dublin, GA. as well. Also, for the general public, because some of the manufactures cut is not 100% correct, a person can buy bulk material and you can use your old mat as a template. People are always complaining that the 68 to 69 Road Runners and Coronet trunk mats do not fit for an example. The problem is that there are two different styles of trunk bracing and most people are not aware of that. So there is a 50% chance of getting the right or wrong mat and then they get upset with the fit. The vendors and buyers need to know what they are buying.

O.K. I am always with the guy from Dublin. We are working on 73 Duster that had been in storage for the last twenty five years and it's missing a few things. It was something in a group buy that I thought that would be fun to play with.

20160819_120251.jpg

The thing about 73 and up models are that they are a good bit different than the 70 to 72 models. When buying the pieces, be careful as I have had a tremendous learning curve on these cars. It was a transition year and is very confusing. It looks like a very solid car. Just let us know what your needs are. Thanks

I would recommend the rubber trunk mat. I found a very good quality rubber mat on eBay and am not disappointed in the purchase. The rubber is very durable.

-
Back