Trunk Paint?

-

jeeper

Reaction score
I have a pretty decent 74 dart Sport that I am working on right now.

The trunk has some surface rust that I am repairing with a wire wheel and then applying POR to it.

I would like to apply some type of paint like the roughend black and grey speckled stuff.

I am not interested in OEM stuff at this time.

Something to make things look better is all until I repaint the whole car in a year or two.

Any ideas or links to kits?

Thanks, ROB

You can buy it in a spray can. You can get it with different colors of flecks. If I can remember I'll look at some I have at the shop and see what brand it is and post it tonite.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

That sounds good. My thoughts were that the flecked stuff was h20 based or something. It seemed like it was, but I honestly don't remember.

I think the bedliner stuff is not what I want back there for now.

Thank you, ROB

Before you spray your spatter paint use a primer the same color as the paint you are using, this is less pricey than the paint, it will cut your cost less than half ,because you wont need two coats of paint.

NMC_ru_Pickerell_jpg.jpg

Rob,
I believe you are correct about it being water soluable. I used to buy it by the gallon in the 70s and 80s to spray in truck beds. I cleaned my paint gun with water first, then thinner to get rid of the residue. I guess I was a little ahead of the bedliner trend.
Sorry I forgot to look at my spray cans today. I'll make a note to remind myself. Hopefully I'll post it Fri. nite.
7172 duster is right. It helps to have a similarly colored base to make the paint go further. Best I recall, you can get some that has a black or dark grey base with different colored flecks, and the other has a light grey base with the flecks.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

the auto zone has a rattle can of assorted colors you can pick from made for the inner
trunk panels.I think it is a splatter paint. Good advice here on pre primer color first.

The brand I have is Krylon. The p/n for the black/aqua is 2602. I know they make one that is grey with colored flecks but I don't have that p/n.
I used some of the black/aqua in the trunk of my Duster before I put the carpet in (fold down back seat option) and it really looked nice.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

Here is a link to some super nice trunk spatter paint. It is water base, but you do not have to clear coat it like most of the other spatter paints on the market.
http://www.kbrestos.com/berlage/berlage.html
We just sprayed this in a Pontiac we're restoring...
Cal

-
Back