Trunk Rubber moulding

-

67ragtop

Reaction score
I need to reinstall my trunk moulding and of course I have no pictures. I cannot remember where the seam goes or for the matter anything else. If anyone has any pics or knowledge it would be greatly appreciated. My car is a 67 barracuda convertible.

I would help you out,.. but I have the same problem with the duster. This is the only weatherstrip I cant figure out. My little brother removed it all before paint,... and didn't re-install it.. I just got a box full of weatherstrip..

Triggerjay

Find the center of the trunk opening under the rear window and make a mark with a Sharpie or other such item you have handy. Find the center of the weatherstrip and make a similar mark. Line up the marks and start working your way around the trunk lip. I usually lay glue all across the top lip and around the top corners first. Work the weatherstrip carefully around the corners and have a bunch of spring type clothespins handy to hold things in place until the glue sets. Once I get the trunk strip glued across the top, around the corners, and clamped down with clothespins, I go have a cold one while the glue dries. Once this part is done and the glue is dry, the rest is just glue and work your way around to the end of the weatherstrip. If you have done everything right, the ends of the weatherstrip should come together in the center of the trunk latch. Hope this helps.

Maybe this will help. Scanned from a dart body-service page. Please remove this post if we are not allowed to post things like this.
Thank You

Trunk.JPG

-
Back