Trunk spare tire / gas tank bracket

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
A while back i found a company who was making the A body spare tire / gas tank mount brackets as repops, among other small brackets and parts. It wasnt AMD either. They only sell this part attached to their trunk floor. I cant remember who they were, and now kick myself because forgot to write down their name and internet addy. Anybody else find this place? Please let us know

Here you go! AMD sells it for $22. This one is for 68-76 A bodies.

You have to look under Fuel System. Not sure why its under that because you would think it would be in the Body Components section with the trunk floor stuff.

When I bought my trunk floor it was in the box with the floor in separate wrapping and its own part #.

Gas Tank Braces | AMD 830-1370

Cool thanks!!! I made one for my car. It turned out well, but took about a day of fab, and welding. I need a spare well for my sons 69 notch. Rest of the floor is ok. No need to change out the whole trunk floor. Just need to weld up a new center.

too funny.... I looked for one for weeks, just the friggin bracket. they all said will be available someday, so I fab one, looks little homemade but works, then couple days ago I see one available from was it AMD?????? , yes but the darn shipping was nuts.
I fabbed the center of the trunk well for $10 worth of 16 ga, ( little stout but they had no 18 ga)..... better than giving $100 plus shipping for that with NO bracket either or $ 175 for the floor with the bracket. a slant duster for crap sake! ha

I priced the bracket from amd direct it was $21 and change $9 shipping. How much time did you spend on yours? Heres mine. Accurate in every detail. Took 8 hours to make. If it was available back then, i would have payed the $30 and been done with it, plus i dont mind $100 for a spare well patch.

I had the opportunity for a full 67-76 trunk floor w no rust. Nicely drilled off. Guy was moving to the east coast wanted $40 for it. Tried to convince him to ride i-20 on his trip and drop it off in abilene. He wouldent make that small detour even though i was willing to buy him a tank of gas for his efforts. Somebody got a good deal on it.

Just like the floor pan on this one. A bunch of holes drilled in the trans tunnel, needs all 4 foot wells. By the time you buy 4 patch panels, and seam them in or buy the AMD half floors and seam them in down the tunnel your almost at the cost of a full floor pan, and 4 or more times the labor with non stock seams.

We are going to change the whole floor pan because of this. Yet only the spare well because the rest is decent, and would be more labor than doing just the well.

I look at it as how much in labor is it gonna cost me. Granted i did have fun making the new bracket, but if avail back then i woulda just bought one and done

downloadfile-109.jpg

That looks pretty good to be hand made! I agree with you on the floor pans too. Much less labor and time to just go ahead and replace it all with 1 piece instead of 2 halves or 4 pieces.

Yep, a number of years ago, dayum i got to thinking in 1996, holy crap that was 20 years ago lol i had a 60 el camino i replaced all 4 foot pans, a partial trans tunnel, and a rear seat pan in 2 pieces. It uses sedan floors and a rear seat well even with the truck bed. Only reason i did it this way was because this was the only way new metal patches were available. So sometimes you have to do it that way, but if i could have gotten it as one piece, i would have done it that way.

Old thread i know. I bought an AMD hold down bracket for my kids car now that these are available. Very sturdy, well made thick gage steel, but this one made it past quality control with a couple extra holes it wasnt supposed to have. I'm gonna call up the supplier and try to get another one. I shouldent have to patch this. Or i may go directly to AMD with it.

Heres pic.

Screenshot_20180719-231747.jpg

Last edited:
Old thread i know. I bought an AMD hold down bracket for my kids ..... I shouldent have to patch this. Or i may go directly to AMD with it.

Heres pic.

View attachment 1715200889

I wonder what car that may be for or the purpose of those holes? Maybe they sent you the wrong part or it got put in the wrong parts bag.

Here is a picture of mine that I referenced above in and earlier post I got from AMD. It is a dead match for 69 dodge.

0D0DBC3C-F75D-4759-B804-0B80953B675A.jpeg

Same part number all 68-76. 63-67 if you cut the gas tank mount ears off. Those used a single sideways strap. Factory **** up. They match these holes.

20180720_064015.jpg

-
Back