trunk trim restoration

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, time to have my trunk trim for my 67 dart gt polished and straightened.Can anyone recommend a reputable shop to do this work? I live in s.e. lower Michigan. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone, time to have my trunk trim for my 67 dart gt polished and straightened.Can anyone recommend a reputable shop to do this work? I live in s.e. lower Michigan. Thanks in advance.

I brought mine to Kings of Trim in Pacoima CA. Mine was hammered from my brother backing into something years ago right at the emblem. Hard enough to put a very sizable dent in the deck lid. When restoring the car I debated throwing the molding away and just painting the deck lid..... I’m very happy I decided otherwise.

I will admit, the shop was very expensive. That said.... theY hammered and dollied the metal, anodized and painted the stripes black as I wanted to match the look I was going for. I found an emblem and had it chromed and I painted the black inside. The trunk lid took lots of time.

CB65D6A9-CFB8-45D0-B1D5-4060256FF99E.jpeg

5013245F-BE03-4034-91A5-1B14D84A8AE0.jpeg

I brought mine to Kings of Trim in Pacoima CA.
Same as mine. Looks great! I too thought about removing the center trim. I would like to have it refinished. No large dents in the center panel. One of the top pieces has a decent dent in it. Those gt emblems are pretty scarce now. Mine is pitted up a little. Trunk lid looks too plain without it. Thanks for the info.

67 dart rear.jpg

I brought mine to Kings of Trim in Pacoima CA. Mine was hammered from my brother backing into something years ago right at the emblem. Hard enough to put a very sizable dent in the deck lid. When restoring the car I debated throwing the molding away and just painting the deck lid..... I’m very happy I decided otherwise.

I will admit, the shop was very expensive. That said.... theY hammered and dollied the metal, anodized and painted the stripes black as I wanted to match the look I was going for. I found an emblem and had it chromed and I painted the black inside. The trunk lid took lots of time.

View attachment 1715565994

View attachment 1715565995
If you don'
t mind me asking, how much was it to have that part restored? I have one in good condition, but want to get it to show condition

King of Trim does a spectacular job. I had both the front grille and rear panel of my GTS done by them. Spent $1200 about 10 years ago. They also have most of the emblems and repo decals (like on my car.)

If you don'
t mind me asking, how much was it to have that part restored? I have one in good condition, but want to get it to show condition

My trim was pretty beat up... well really beat. It was near 1800 and a few weeks at the shop. I feel I could have shopped around for another but as the car has sentimental value I just used the part it was born with.
Cheers.

-
Back