Trunk Weatherstrip

-

outboardguy

Reaction score
Hi...I'm trying to put weatherstrip in my trunk on a 69 barracuda notchback...I've ordered 2 sets of this stuff, but neither of it seems to be right..I didnt take this car apart, so I really have no idea how it goes...if someone could post a picture of their trunk weatherstrip, or give tips on how to do it, that would be great....the piece i get when i order doesnt seem to have a deep enough lip to sit properly.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Have you searched the forums? This has been discussed many times.

What brand did you order?

trunk seal install

Read this one and see if it helps.

Pic of a survivor for reference on the lower end, where if your going to get it wrong, is the likely area. It turns down to the flat. Seam should be slightly offset from center.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanx for responding....I oredered 2 types...soffseal is one and the other I ordered from National Moparts in Canada...they're both the same...the thread you posted about weatherstrip is helpful for sure....I've always done Chev's(I know...kill me now...lol) and they usually go into the U part of the strip....but I see that's not the case...
Thanx for the help

Thanx for responding....I oredered 2 types...soffseal is one and the other I ordered from National Moparts in Canada...they're both the same...the thread you posted about weatherstrip is helpful for sure....I've always done Chev's(I know...kill me now...lol) and they usually go into the U part of the strip....but I see that's not the case...
Thanx for the help

I used soft seal as well. It is seamed (3 piece factory joined) in the area were it makes the transistion to the flat. This is where the factory welds In the seal are either side. I have an issue with it trying to separate at that transistion and actually trying to weld to the lid on my fastback (Hot here in the south). I have been keeping it lubed and conditioned with RV slide seal treatment spray and it has not gotten worse.

Last edited:
-
Back