TRW piston id

-
From an old TRW catalog regarding piston part numbers and materials:

E880041B-ABDF-4F29-A56A-C9D4E71A5C52.png

I may leave them. Just depends. Right now in 4hi fourth gear, she’s at about 4500 rpm’s at 55 if memory serves me right. It’s got 31s on it, may jump up to 37s if I can find the lift components.
Lift is easy on these old trucks, just leaf springs, about every 4WD lift kit company has one for this truck.
I have a 6" all spring Tuff Country to go on my 47 sitting on a 74 Ramcharger frame.

Lift is easy on these old trucks, just leaf springs, about every 4WD lift kit company has one for this truck.
I have a 6" all spring Tuff Country to go on my 47 sitting on a 74 Ramcharger frame.
Looking at a 4 inch from skyjacker. Next month is the 4wheeldrive jamboree and last year they passed out a 30 percent off code plus free shipping so I’m curious to see if they have the same deal.

Looking at a 4 inch from skyjacker. Next month is the 4wheeldrive jamboree and last year they passed out a 30 percent off code plus free shipping so I’m curious to see if they have the same deal.
I bought a skyjunker kit once for a 77 Ramcharger I had, the springs were fine, but every single bolt that was supplied with the kit broke at one time or another.
No fun loosing steering, or having the rear end come loose and the tires eat the 1/4 panels. 44" tires can do some damage.

I bought a skyjunker kit once for a 77 Ramcharger I had, the springs were fine, but every single bolt that was supplied with the kit broke at one time or another.
No fun loosing steering, or having the rear end come loose and the tires eat the 1/4 panels. 44" tires can do some damage.
Noted. I’ve got a skyjacker kit on my Jeep. Most of it was all grade 8 hardware. The exception being the LCA bolts. Not sure what grade those are

Finally got to my 89 trw engine catalog.
I doesn't show info on the 3017f other than it is a cast piston for a 360 available in an engine kit. The engine kit has a forged alternative that can be gotten in the kit. THAT piston I've got info for, of course. I have no idea how close the specs are from cast to forged, but this is what I have on the L2405F.
1.591 compression distance. 597 gr. weight for .030, plus or minus 10 gr.
(Shows -10.9 cc dome volume, so it has a dish or valve reliefs, unlike your cast flattops) 5/64, 3/16 rings, .984x 3" pin, 154 gr pin.
For what it's worth.....

-
Back