tryin to talk mom into it

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so I have got a 73 /6 duster stock old warn out.
I am thinking about running the quarter in it.
I might run a 32 sec 1/4 mile at 35mph but if I can do that Everytime im good.

Im 16 so both mom and dad have to sign
Dad said he sign and tips to talk mom into it

Maybe time for a bit of bribery to get her signature?? Do the dishes, clean the house a few times?? Good Luck....

racing is going to cost more than you think and your going to tear up your car. are there any high school drags in you area? when i was in high school we had a catagory and raced for a sholarship....if there is no purpose like that....then maybe you might consider waiting till your a little older and have a bigger budget for suitable race equip..........i myself would go with the second option bcoz you have a cool car that would make an awesome street car and first car. maybe im a little biased bcoz i was very young when i got my duster and if my arms were long enough i would hug it.....so what im saying is that racing is fun and can serve a purpose......but it is very very expensive, and your going to tear up the car. so make sure your ok with A. tearing up the car. and B. the cost....and last it should really serve a purpose at your age.

Good Luck! Your parents are expecting this.They let you get the car,then put Cragars,wide rubber and primer.Be smart about it.

They do a anal tech inspection.Take dad(if he hasn't been!) to a couple test and tunes.That way you have factual evidence. Better yet,record it via smartphone,or via another video option.

Just hint to her how some kids want to drag on the street and you thought that was uncool. Then wait a day and tell her you want to hit the track to "Safely" make a few runs. It might just work?

bro my car kept out of so muchshit growingup in vegas lets see you drag race on a friday or you go to a party get hammered and drive home being excited about your cr will make you spend money on your car ad keep your *** out of trouble

Anyone who is smart enoungh to take it to the track instead of the streets should get that paper signed. good luck!!

Do some research on the internet. Find some stats on the safety record of sanctioned drag racing done at the strip. Then compare them to the accidents/injuries that come along with playing football, basketball, tennis, baseball... You know, all the things that mom will actually let you do. Drag racing is probably the safest sport out there. If it isn't, it's pretty close to it.

when i was a kid in high school i had a 68 barracuda with the 318. i had been working as a mechanic at the local bicycle shop since i was 14 and spent every dime i earned on that car. my dad helped me work on it and tweak it to get more power out of it with bolt-ons and such. tell you what. that time with the old man and working on that car kept me out of alot of trouble. we went to the drags nearly every weekend (he had a 10 sec demon). the track will teach you to respect the power. those were probably the best years of my life. just remember that there is a time and a place to race. dont let your ego and friends make you do stupid **** on the public roads.

I started in high school with an 86 Chevy Monte Carlo SS with T-tops. I paid 1500 for it. It had a 305. Took me a while but I built a 350 roller motor and a 350 turbo tranny. It got stolen when I was in Basic Training. I miss that thing but I have since started my love affair with MOPAR>

At 32 sec 1/4 mile times that you predicted it wont cost you much at all until you wanna go faster, Hey there aint a leak on a Mopar that cant be fixed so tell us again where it leaking? I was 12 when i started wrenching on my brothers Chally then at 16 i got my first Dart and now uuuuuuuuhm at 40sumthin im building a 572 B1 so savor and photo and vid your progress youll be glad you did one day.

At 32 sec 1/4 mile times that you predicted it wont cost you much at all until you wanna go faster, Hey there aint a leak on a Mopar that cant be fixed so tell us again where it leaking? I was 12 when i started wrenching on my brothers Chally then at 16 i got my first Dart and now uuuuuuuuhm at 40sumthin im building a 572 B1 so savor and photo and vid your progress youll be glad you did one day.

Its a tranny fluid leak

Tell her that you won't get good reaction times if you're drunk or high, and tell her at least you won't be racing it on the street. And then start explaining how this lets you apply all the math you've been learning in school. Finally, tell her you're going to take the back seat out to save weight, and with no back seat....:D

My slanty dart ran a best of 19.3@67 MPH. I highly doubt you will tear anything up.

Actually try this.Everyone knows a slant six stock is safe to drive(lack of h.p.)If you are hitting freeway off ramps and merging with traffic,to me that is more dangerous than doing the same thing with no traffic.(Supervised,and a tech inspection).I watched a tin of young kids with imports build a quick car,without respect for the car.(Or how to handle it.....) Be patient,it is worth it.

-
Back