Trying to choose new springs for '70 Dart

-

69dartwant

Reaction score
After going back and forth trying to decide what kind of new springs to put on my '70 Dart 6cylinder stock, and having a lot of helpful suggestions from members here, I ended up choosing stock ride height + 1inch. It was so hard to try and figure how much sag was in the old stock ones being 46 yrs old. Just had them put on at the shop, and when I came back to pick up the car, man--------- it looked like I had hijackers on!! I was hoping that it would be just a little higher rake in back then new from the factory, but it's much higher then I ideally wanted, but I know in time they will settle some. Meanwhile.... I added 2- 50 lb bags of sand in the trunk to help it along! Just goes to show sometimes you just never know! With all the heartache that's going on in this world, this is nothing and just a drop in the bucket!! THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THOSE WHO TRIED TO HELP ME DECIDE!!

You can get front hangers that lower it some or drill another hole in the stock ones also. the replacement hangers offer more drop VS drilling the stock ones. This providing you don't like the rake after they settle. post a pic!

should have went -1 I made the same mistake added weight like you did even flipped the hanger

You can get front hangers that lower it some or drill another hole in the stock ones also. the replacement hangers offer more drop VS drilling the stock ones. This providing you don't like the rake after they settle. post a pic!

Was thinking about getting some of those hangers to drop mine a bit. When you use them do you have to elongate clearance hole in the body for the bolt head?

Thanks,

CE

Raise the front so it looks more even. Careful this time, unless you want a gasser.

Was thinking about getting some of those hangers to drop mine a bit. When you use them do you have to elongate clearance hole in the body for the bolt head?

Thanks,

CE
I didn't notice a clearance issue Valiant

Werent you the guy that was going to go super stock springs ? Lol

Tried telling you to go stock replacement. Oh well. :(

-
Back