-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach K

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi everyone, What a great website! I'm looking for a replacement single barrel carb for my 66 valiant. It's a 225 ci Slant 6. Does anybody know where I can buy a replacement?

Thank you! :thumblef:

I will have a couple of 1 bbl-- for cheap if you go that route, Lawrence

Need to specify if your '66 has factory A/C or not. The throttle linkage is different and while there were some service replacement carburetors made over the years with a throttle lever that will accept either the (non-A/C) rod-type or the (A/C) cable-type hookup, most carbs are either/or, not both. I probably have a new carb for your '66; send me a PM.

Thank you to everyone for all the responses. I am looking for something to bolt in. Not sure if I have to stick with a single barrel or if I can go with a 2 barrel or what the pros and cons are of each? I'm not real car savvy but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty just not sure what I'm doing. lol... One of the reasons I chose this car is because it seemed relativity easy to work on and a good car to learn with. My car does not have factory A/C. Due to fact that some POS stole my wife's car last night this is our only means of transportation and I need to get this baby running right. As of right now it's running really rough. I did a full tune up on it today. Plugs, wires, points, cap, rotor, oil change, air & fuel filter and it still runs terrible. Timing is dead on. When I give it a lot of gas it feels like it's sucking air and losing fuel. It starts to sputter and buck and will even die out from time to time. Not sure where else to go from here. :dontknow:

If you need a direct bolt-in, you need a 1bbl carburetor. Since you don't have factory A/C, you need a carburetor equipped for the rod-type throttle linkage.

Tune-up parts and technique suggestions in this thread.

Remember this engine requires periodic valve adjustment

Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.

sounds like a bad accelerator pump. even if is a 'rebuilt' carb.

sounds like a bad accelerator pump. even if is a 'rebuilt' carb.

Like I said I'm still learning so please forgive my ignorance. The accelerator pump is part of the carb correct? Does anyone have a single barrel carb that's in good shape that they are looking to sell?

Thanks again!

Anyone know where I can find a new or rebuilt single barrel carburetor ASAP? This is our only car as of right now and I need to get a carburetor because this one is on it's last leg. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back