Trying to find my brother's old 74 Dart

-

Mopowa

Reaction score
I posted this same thread on MoparTech.net, so sorry if it's a repeat for ya. Back in the mid '80s, my older brother Todd Massie, had a 74 Dart. This is the car that really sparked my interest in Mopars. Todd has been missing since 1992 and now I'd like to try and find his old Dart and get it back. We lived in Akron, OH at the time and my sister still lives there, but I'm in GA. So my family is doing some research for me. They haven't turned up the VIN yet, but there's got to be other ways of finding a car. I don't remember what year he sold it, but it would've been in the mid to late '80s. The car had a cheap paint job on it and was Dark Jade green metallic with a six pack hood scoop on it. It was a /6 car, but had a 340 when he sold it. If anyboby in Northeastern Ohio has any info on this car, please PM me. This would mean so much to our family if we could get this car back with us. Thanks all!
smile.gif

I found a paint code chart and I'm pretty sure the paint code was G2 Frosty Green Poly.

You want to find the car and not your brother?
Yes, I would like nothing more than to find my brother, but this is not the correct forum for that request. My parents have spent inconceivable amounts of time, money and effort trying to find my brother for the last 17 years. Either he is dead or does not want to be found. I really hope that was not a sarcastic comment.

Hope you find the car and your bro.
We have alot of the Massie family in our area.
Good people.

Do you have any pictures of the car showing the license plate? If so, the DMV may be able to pull up a VIN but remember, their records only go back so far.

If, by chance, you knew what insurance compnay he was with back then , and if it were a larger company, maybe they would still have some records?
Would probably be a pain to get to the right person at the company, but who knows.

Good luck in your search.

Do you have any pictures of the car showing the license plate? If so, the DMV may be able to pull up a VIN but remember, their records only go back so far.
Dave,
My family has been searching for pics like that, but so far nothing has been found. Also, I've been told that the Ohio BMV only goes back 8yrs., but you never know.

If, by chance, you knew what insurance compnay he was with back then , and if it were a larger company, maybe they would still have some records?
Would probably be a pain to get to the right person at the company, but who knows.
That's a good idea, but again I'm depending on my parents to get the info. They are very busy people and it may be a bit painful for them to dig throuh Todd's stuff, so I don't push them. I've taken the opinion that if I'm supposed to have the Dart one day then it will happen. I'm not in control and I realize that. Thanks to all for your suggestions!:thumrigh:

I suppsoe you could check with the DMV and see if title transfer info is public accessible? There might be a small fee for them to do the search....

Or have a title search company do it maybe....I would assume that a name and social security number (your brothers) is all you would need?

I just checked Ohios webaite and the yhave a way to look up title info but you need either the VIN or the title number.....

I suppsoe you could check with the DMV and see if title transfer info is public accessible? There might be a small fee for them to do the search....

That's a good idea. I guess I've been waiting to contact the Ohio BMV until after I got a plate number or VIN. I'll try to make some time to contact them. Thanks!

Just a bump to see if any one has info on this old Dart.

-
Back