Trying to find the right adapter fitting 5/16 to -6 AN

-

MrBelvedere2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have done some research and keep coming up empty. I searched on the forum as well with no luck. I am running an external transmission cooler with -6 AN fittings, but I am also routing through the radiator. I am looking for a specific fitting that I can use to adapt the 5/16 flare fitting on the factory transmission cooler lines to a -6 AN fitting. Surely they make such a thing? I have found one that is a compression fitting and will work if you cut off the flare and the coupler nut, and I know they make one for 3/8 flare. Thanks for any help.

Probably not in a single fitting. But a 5/16 flare to a male pipe fitting. And then a 6AN to a female pipe fitting. That's possible. Depends on how you want it to look? Try a company called parker fittings. Google it. Good luck.

5/16-24 equates to a -2 in the industrial world referred to 37 degree of JIC same as the AN your -6 is 3/8 probably not going to find such a creature

Unscrew the fittings from the radiator. You'll find plain old NPT pipe threads in the radiator itself. At least that's how my factory radiator is made. Easy to find NPT to AN fittings, everyone makes those.

Thank you for the information, helped me out alot! although I don't understand why the earl's fitting even though it says it works with 5/16 in the main description it says 1/2-20?

Thank you for the information, helped me out alot! although I don't understand why the earl's fitting even though it says it works with 5/16 in the main description it says 1/2-20?
Because an SAE 5/16 flared tubing fitting has 1/2-20 threads.

duh you are right....price I pay for not having it in front of me when researching. Thank you!

This is an earl's fitting that has a 5/16 compression fitting to -6 AN.

1001113vh.jpg

-
Back