Trying to track down my dad's 70 Duster (Bay Area, CA) (crosspost from General)

-

lookin4dadsduster

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Newbie to the forum here, but I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out.

My dad was the owner of a 70 Duster when I was a wee lad. He passed away when I was 13 (16 years ago), but before he died, he had entrusted the car to a friend of his, as he had fallen on tough times.

After he passed, I never saw the car again and I have no idea how to begin trying to track it down.

I know that it's a 1970, painted chartreuse before he got it, and painted forest green with silver striping after he bought it. It was originally a 318, but he bored it out a bit.

I don't have the Vin or the license plate, but I have his full name and SSN. Would that be enough to get records from the DMV?

Any info would be appreciated, and if anyone in the Bay Area (the guy lived in San Mateo when my dad had him take the car) might have seen it around, please me know. Thank you!

P.S. If it's not allowed to post the same thing in multiple places, go ahead and delete this. Just wanted to post to a board with more local people in it. Thanks.

You have your dad's friends name and social number?

Generally you need the car's Vin to talk to the DMV.

Sorry, that wasn't clear. I have my dad's info, not the guy who got the car. I don't know anything about him to be able to track him down directly.

Did you try it? The worst the DMV will say is no.

I'm still trying to register my 65 dart.. the previous owner bought it and never registered it, and so did the guy before that, and who knows about before that, plus this sob won't respond to my calls or texts to help me get it registered. I'm not trying to hard to be honest.

-
Back