tti 3" exhaust (UPDATED)

-
So where exactly did you buy that TTi kit from? I can't seem to find anything but an entire, out to the rear (not dumped) exhaust.

Very nice work on your exhaust system. What mufflers did you use and
is your car a 340? Going to put an x-pipe on mine and you helped me
decide to go with TTI. My car is a 340 and thinking of going with 3 in.
Can't wait for your soundbite.

Very nice work on your exhaust system. What mufflers did you use and
is your car a 340? Going to put an x-pipe on mine and you helped me
decide to go with TTI. My car is a 340 and thinking of going with 3 in.
Can't wait for your soundbite.

my engine is a 383. as for the x-pipe be careful about ordering that if you have a drive shaft safety loop. i built mine from scratch to avoid the exhaust. i went with the flowmaster 40 series. they are offset inlet and center outlet. should sound pretty tough.

^^^There are lots of shops around here that will bend 2-1/4" and 2-1/2" cheap, but no one has the tooling for the 3" to do a nice mandrel bend job like he got from TTI. After doing the install on my father's '66 coronet with their 3" kit, I'll never go any other routes. Well worth the extra cash!
Same here put the full TTI system on my valiant. Wouldn't go any other route in the future. But that's just me...

Call Mancini Racing in Michigan for TTI products, they will get them to you at a better price than TTI direct and shipping will cost less too. Found out the 3" TTI tail pipes for my 72 dart were 239.99/pr. directly from TTI and shipping was an additional $60.00. I called Mancini and they said $200/pr. plus only $40.00 drop shipped directly from TTI. Mancini seems to like passing savings on to us Mopar people!

Back in 1995 I bought a Crate engine from Koller Dodge, near Chicago, and was thinking about TTI hedders. The parts guy said they use to offer TTI Hedders, they had some deal with reduced or free shipping, I can't recall which, and he said TTI didn't like it. He asked me, why would they not want to sell their Hedders that way.

odd my muffler shop in town did a full 2.25in- 2.5in x pipe custom exhaust for $250 bucks did an amazing job- maybe its cheaper here in california?
no just cheap in stockton, a member from oakland paid 600.00 with x pipe 2 1/2

Nice job on the install. TTi is great in my book. If you add a short section of pipe with an oval megaphone shaped end to the end of the cutouts, it will sweeten up and enhance the sound. It works much the same as the flared end of wind instruments. I did the same thing to a buddy's car and it really made a nice improvement in the sound of the open exhaust. Here's a pic from my 1970 e-body.

Attachments

• IMG_0971 (Large).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0970 (Large).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 199
-
Back