tti 3" exhaust (UPDATED)

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
well i got my 3" TTI exhaust mocked up today. Fit is absolutely perfect. had to trim a little off of the X-pipe fittings to let them telescope in farther. after about a half hour of fitting it sits super tight up against the floor boards. it is actually all level with my frame connectors. best $300 i spent so far. going to get the front half all tacked in place like i like it and then i will be splicing in my dump y-pipe and electric butterfly valves just after the x-pipe.

SSPX0226_zpsf3d9e4aa.jpg

SSPX0225_zps4c883bd0.jpg

SSPX0224_zpsbda43ec7.jpg

Best advertising ever,installation on jack stands! Looks sweet.

Spent this afternoon welding and fitting the exhaust cut outs. got the driver side all done. I fabricated my rear hanger brackets also. got the hooks and rubber hangers from a sebring. came out pretty good i think. had to make a tool to bend the new J-hooks. here are some pics.
SSPX0227_zpsa6cd3a0b.jpg

SSPX0228_zpsd8f81d24.jpg

SSPX0229_zpsed3673b1.jpg

SSPX0230_zps41ad609f.jpg

SSPX0232_zpsf696e089.jpg

SSPX0233_zpsa7e5802e.jpg

OK, I want! Very nice exhaust setup. Gonna put this on the wish list.

i will never pay to have a custom exhaust built for a dodge again. the kit was 300 bucks. it fits perfectly and is all mandrel bent. i had several local shops bit the job for well over 500 bucks. that was with out the x pipe. i welded my entire exhaust but it comes with clamps if a person couldnt weld. i am very pleased with the kit.

odd my muffler shop in town did a full 2.25in- 2.5in x pipe custom exhaust for $250 bucks did an amazing job- maybe its cheaper here in california?

^^^There are lots of shops around here that will bend 2-1/4" and 2-1/2" cheap, but no one has the tooling for the 3" to do a nice mandrel bend job like he got from TTI. After doing the install on my father's '66 coronet with their 3" kit, I'll never go any other routes. Well worth the extra cash!

i will never pay to have a custom exhaust built for a dodge again. the kit was 300 bucks. it fits perfectly and is all mandrel bent. i had several local shops bit the job for well over 500 bucks. that was with out the x pipe. i welded my entire exhaust but it comes with clamps if a person couldnt weld. i am very pleased with the kit.

Yeah, shops in Western WA love to stick it to you, and act like its just another day. Blame the yuppie money around here. One of the reasons I do my own work.

X2

Very clean installation. Looks good. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

THANKS ALOT GUYS! that was the most work out if it all. i wanted something that was simple, clean and easy to take off if need be. you will all be happy to know that the rubber hangers and j-hooks came off a chrysler. keeping it all in the family! that and i got em for $8. Thats less than half of what most new brackets cost.

What did you use for the Js? 300 for just the X pipe?
Can we get a sound clip?

i made the J-hooks with the bending jig in one of the top pics. i just used 3/8" round stock and bent up the "j". then i cut the other end off of the ends from the junk yard car and welded them together. I would love to give you guys a sound clip but the car isnt running yet. this is one of the last big projects before the first start up. It was $287 plus shipping for the x-pipe. that did not include the mufflers or the exhuast dumps.

One thing I like about TTi's X pipe is that the X doesn't dump both exhausts into each other into one central chamber and back out. The exhaust gases look like they would flow past the connection freely while also allowing exhaust pulses to cross over. It just seems to me that setup would flow a lot better than other designs I have seen.

One thing I like about TTi's X pipe is that the X doesn't dump both exhausts into each other into one central chamber and back out. The exhaust gases look like they would flow past the connection freely while also allowing exhaust pulses to cross over. It just seems to me that setup would flow a lot better than other designs I have seen.

I have done alot of reading on the subject and what you said is pretty much my exact thinking. i pictured water running thru them........ the h-pipe seemed like it would cause alot more interference being that they are at a 90* angle. I had my heart set on 3" (i know its over kill but it sounds so bad ***) and nobody local could do a 3" mandrel bent set up for less than $500. that was if i supplied the muffs, cut outs and collectors. then there is the fit and finish of the pipes. my exhaust is 1" off the floor board of the car. it doesnt get any closer than that.

Am I understanding you right?
You bought the x pipe from the headers to the mufflers,
then added the dumps, mufflers and hangers at additional cost.

Am I understanding you right?
You bought the x pipe from the headers to the mufflers,
then added the dumps, mufflers and hangers at additional cost.

yes, the $287 got me the x-pipe from the headers to the mufflers. i bought the mufflers and the dumps prior. dumps were $50 from summit. muffs were 70 ea from summit. hangers cost $12 from wrecking yard. total for my exhaust is $489. plus my time (not worth much) lol.

-
Back