TTI adapters with biscuit mounts

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
Anyone on here actually used them?

I'm hearing shocking reports about exaggerated pinion angles because the raise the motor at the front...........:happy1:

I have them in mine, I think Gdemon does as well. I haven't measured, so I cant really say...

JOE

I have a set of mounts I made that I can no longer use for my build if you want them let me know. They have brand new mounts on them too.

I have a set of mounts I made that I can no longer use for my build if you want them let me know. They have brand new mounts on them too.

Thx...I appreciate the offer however we have a local guy who makes them which I can source if the TTIs end up being a problem.

At this stage Im just trying to get a feel for how much of an issue the TTIs actually are......as Im not ready to drop the engine in yet...just doing some research.:coffee2:

Well mine are copies of the tti mounts according to their pictures and measurements and my driveable angle was good.

Ok...thx John.

It might be that our Charger wheelbase is only 105"... And that exagerates the angle?

Anyone else got a story to tell? :)

Rat,

I dont have the car running yet, just started pulling wires for the harness... So I dont know if its a problem yet. I sure hope not. I will be watching this thread for sure...

i had massive problems to get the engine in position. No space for the headders for instance... So I cutted them into pieces, brought the engine in position and rewelded them. All perfect now. Maybe my car is bend like a banana ..... hahahaha

OK - resurrected this thread so people can post their experiences and "fixes" for these junk bits of gear -

Had a quick look today at what my workshop is doing -

Basically they will remove 12mm (.5") off the height of the US drivers side TTI adapter.

Because the mount sits at a 45 degree angle to the horizontal - This reduction in adapter height has three effects - (bit like skimming an LA intake manifold)

1 - Brings the motor over and away from the passenger guard

2 - It corrects the "skew" on the engine across the front to back axis - AND

3 - The US passenger side biscuit mount stud now locates happily at the bottom of the elongated mount hole in the K frame - (not the top) - so the motor has been lowered at the front around 1" - if not more.

Downside - Because the US drivers side has been "dropped" - its closed the gap between the block and the adapter on the passenger side - The US passenger side biscuit mount is now rubbing on the TTI block off plate - the biscuit mount will have to be "trimmed" at an angle on the end to provide clearance.

This is a small "knock on" effect which can be easily remedied.

I will post pics in the next couple of days hopefully.

Why doesn't someone make their own motor mounts and sell them to the members, instead of everyone buying the crap that TTI is selling. Just a thought...

It probably wouldn't be hard for someone with fabrication skills to do that - especially using the TTI mount for a template.

If someone had a modified set that actually worked, I would be happy to draw them up in Solidworks and get them machined.

Here's a small update - the motor was mocked up into the position which it will be placed when the left side TTI mount adapter is "cut and shut"

You can see that using the Cherokee alternator, there is now substantial clearance from the inner guard.

You can also see the effect on the insulator and TTI block off plate as a result of this move.

The insulator will need to be trimmed.

I will post pics of the left side TTI adapter mount once the fabrication is done.

20130211_155357_zps920f5215.jpg

20130211_155309_zps758e5aa1.jpg

If someone had a modified set that actually worked, I would be happy to draw them up in Solidworks and get them machined.

My workshop plans on doing exactly that. Hence I've been asked not to publicise what was done to fix them.

US guys can IM me - For Aussie guys - get in touch with Brad at Valiant Spares, Bayswater.

-
Back