TTI exhaust. Shhh, is it running?

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Just finished a header back H-pipe exhaust on my Demon. I must say TTI is very high end. Nice 16 ga, all mandrel bent, beautiful fit...blah, blah, blah.
It was a real easy install, except for fabricating from my Doug's headers to the mid-pipe. Passenger side was a real job. 4 small pieces TIG'd to the collector to make the double compound "S" bend. Drivers side a breeze.

Came out real nice, looks beautiful under there, albeit the mufflers(Dynomax), are a bit close to the yoke. Not to worry. That exhaust is designed to not move at all. You can't wiggle anything. Oh, tailpipe extensions are spot on "factory clones", other than the tiny TTI logo.

The only thing I DON'T like? Way too quiet for my taste. Didn't get to actually drive it due to rain, but idling and revving in the garage was a bit disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it sounds very healthy, but quiet. Maybe it'll "throat up" a bit after some miles.

One thing. If you don't have a TIG or maybe a MIG welder and a bit of experience, you'll be paying someone to do the connection. I couldn't believe they didn't have a header adapter for Doug's headers. The idiot I talked to acted like he never even heard of Doug's. My best guess is that had I ordered the adapters for their own headers intead of the universal ones, it might have just worked. I didn't want to risk it.

Iron mike, I just put a complete tti exhaust on my 70 dart. I have stock manifolds, i bought the 2.5 with a x pipe with the dynomax super turbo mufflers. Like you said the system was well designed it went on super easy. But unlike you mine is way to loud. It sounds good outside but I have some problems at certain rpm's where it's just annoying you just want to back off the gas or give it gas to get out of that range. I was going to install some dynomat to quite it down. Maybe it's just personal taste but the drone drives me nuts.

I used TTI headers with their X pipe, 2.5 diameter, and I used Thrush Chambered mufflers...
I LOVE IT!!! Not like Flowmaster but close and the price was nice! $35/muffler.

I know when I got my TTI system they had Dynomax UltraFlo mufflers as an option. That's what I went with and it's fairly loud.

I'll be darn. Wonder why mine's so quiet. I drove it a bit today for the first time and I guess I can get used to it. Kinda classy, I guess. I just miss the noise. I'll always be livin' in the 70's.

One nice thing is the 60 MPH drone from my old Vortex mufflers is gone. With 4:10's at 60 it was pretty mind numbing after awhile. I'm pleased with the system so far........maybe I'll get a pair of those electric opening cut outs if I long for loud :)

-
Back