TTI Header Coating

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
IS there a difference between the Ceramic coated and Polished Ceramic coating, in terms of life time? Or just shinny and super shinny?

It seems some are not satisfied with the coating because it is so thin. If it is so thin, do you guys think I should save the extra money and have them coated in and out? Might be better than the TTI coating.

I got the ceramic coated TTi's 2yrs ago and they are already showing surface rust- mostly around welds and by collectors. Read the warranty info... covered but you have to obviously remove/return and then its at their discretion for re-coat and return postage. They fit great but expected better quality. I feel they know that the hassle of removing and shipping discourages most of us. And we say- whatever... Pay big money for "the best"... not real happy.
Has anyone ever sent them back?

Mine have been on for 9 years and 30,000 miles. After the first two years I started brush painting them with grey Eastwood exhaust manifold paint. It looks OK and I no longer see rust. I did also get the thermal coating inside. I have not cooked the paint on anything else under the hood, so I guess that works.

-
Back