TTI header fit

-

SBeeMan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got a '69 Dart, 340 stroker waiting on my motor from the machine shop. I've got a new set of TTI 1 7/8 race headers and will be using a TCI aluminium trans shield. Does anyone here have have this combo? Any issues with the headers clearing the trans shield ?
Thanks

if it's the TCI aluminum trans shield I'm thinking of.... you cutting the floor for it to clear. If you're not running into the 9's, I'd put a blanket on it.

That's the one Abody,I did manage to get it to clear floor after a few hours,wishing I had gone with a blanket at the end of the day lol. I had Hooker headers on it then. I had to cut the drivers side collector flange to clear it. The TTI race header is about 8" longer in the collector area,so I'm hoping it will clear. Thought someone on here might have an under car pic of their's installed.

Man it was a long time ago.... and I don't have picts of that combo. Seems ours were a little close to the trans IIRC.... But not so close we had issues with our blanket straps/buckles.

your probably goin laugh and call me stupid but this is what i did on mine, and yes i know it wont pass tech but i go to outlaw tracks most time. I took a blanket , made a bracket like a peice of inch flat steel as long as the blanket wrapped each end around it and bolted it to the frame, left enough slack where it molds perfectly to floor and goes over the convertor area in front and halfway back on trans, this way it is out of the way of headers and linkage, protects my legs and feet and everything will go out the bottom, just an idea did and has worked for me.

Thanks for the info 345.....mine will have to pass tech. I used the CSR 727 MOPAR CARBON FIBER TRANS SHIELD in the past on my '69 Charger 440 BB and loved it,wishing I had gone that route
Does anyone have under-car pics of a TTI 1 7/8 Race header install? Just like to see how close they are in the trans area.
Thanks

Thanks for the info 345.....mine will have to pass tech. I used the CSR 727 MOPAR CARBON FIBER TRANS SHIELD in the past on my '69 Charger 440 BB and loved it,wishing I had gone that route
Does anyone have under-car pics of a TTI 1 7/8 Race header install? Just like to see how close they are in the trans area.
Thanks
are you running a 904 or 727 i have a csr shield for 904 and was gonna have to cut it up for linkage fitment so i stayed with the blanket

worth a shot if it had been a 904 thought it may have helped you out

Here's the best I can find in my pictures showing clearance between the trans and headers. I have the 1-7/8 W2 race headers.

And be GLAD you didn't get a trans blanket. Those things are a waste of time. I used mine once and the straps were designed so that it wouldn't hold the front of the blanket. Needless to say, the front of the blanket drug the ground because it was catching so much wind and tore it up. They do nothing but keep heat in and have sloppy fitment. People will argue, but this is my experience with blankets. Will NEVER waste my money on one of those again.

131.jpg

1215.jpg

Last edited:
Clinteg... what heads are you running with the W2 headers .. do they need to be w2's?

Clinteg... what heads are you running with the W2 headers .. do they need to be w2's?

Yes the flanges are made specifically for the W2 head pattern. The remaining part of the tube routing is probably the same as LA heads.

Thanks Clinteg. Looks like it will be close on the driver's side. If I run into problems I'm going with the CSR shield,not a fan of blankets either.
Thanks 345man2,wish yours would've worked.
Great people on this site,always willing to help each other.

-
Back