TTI header install.

-

rapid67rt

Reaction score
68 dart, 383, eddie heads, manual brakes and steering. Will I have to pull the motor to install a set of tti 1 3/4 headers?

Not at all.If they are new,READ the instructions. They will fill you in on the procedure.If not, remove the insulator to frame nuts and the tranny mount nuts.That way you can jack the engine one side at a time for clearance to slip them in from the bottom. If you are working on the ground, raise the car as high as your jack and stands will let you.

If its an auto trans you will have to re-route the trans lines something TTI fails to mention in their instructions.

I myself will never put them in through the bottom again. It is probably easier to remove the radiator and act like you are pulling the engine, slide the headers in and let the engine back down. Your going to need to undo the motor mounts anyway so may as well let the trans loose too. I can almost guarantee this is the fastest way to do it compared to putting them in under the car because the front end needs to be jacked to the MOON for it to work out for you.

-
Back