TTI Headers in

-

smrcuda

Reaction score
I have the TTI headers in and they look great.
I have a few Nicks on them.
Does anyone have tips for fixing nicks and scratched?
I didn't see much infor on the subject on TTI's Website.
Thanks for the input

I don't have an answer for you...but if you have any tips...I'll take'em, mine will be here next week. My engine will be pulled, I wonder if I can lay them kinda in place then slowly lower the motor rather have the cars front end four feet in the air and have to put them in through the bottom?? :tongue9:

wrap them with a towel, and masking tape to hold it on the header. lay a towel on the inner fender and column/box as well.

Hey, redfastback, I am buying a 68 cuda fastback right now, and want to use tti products as well, can you tell me if the ones in my dart will fit in the cuda? it is a 74 swinger. I love my dart, but when I got the chance to get this cuda, man, forget the dart. I love Barracuda's, time to swim with the big fish!

yes. they fit 67-76 a body. glad to see another 68 fastback out there. post pics when you get it.

redfastback said:
wrap them with a towel, and masking tape to hold it on the header. lay a towel on the inner fender and column/box as well.

thats a real good one, never thought of that one, i would have sugested using those thick plasticbags that TTI sends there headers in to wrap up the headers while you put them in thats what i did and that worked great but towels should be even better :)

Sorry, we kinda stole this thread. Anyone have an answer for SMRCuda?

hmmmm....nicks and scratches are going to be tough on ceramicoat. i would say to use warm/hot simple green and a cloth and see if they feather in so they are not as noticeable.

Here is answer to my question about scratches. It came directly from TTI.

For coating option C4 (Ceramic coated), scuff out scratches with an ultra fine Scotch Brite pad. Spray area with Krylon Metallics - Bright Silver special purpose paint. Once header heats up, color will blend.

For coating option C5 (Polished Ceramic coated), use a 600-800 grit sandpaper and very lightly buff out scratches. Use Mothers PowerMetal aluminum polish to revitalize polish finish.

Hope this information helps.

-
Back