TTI Headers into 65 cuda- need advice

-

illcuda65

Reaction score
Hello everyone-

I need the sage advice and wisdom from all your mopar years/experiences. I am currently replacing the 318 w/fenderwell headers in the car w/a hotter 340 (.20 over w/ported pro comp alum heads) and tti headers. The engine compartment has been degreased, freshly repainted (viper red) with new inner fenders installed- looks great- until.....

The engine was reinstalled (Schumacher motor mounts all the way around, w/torque strap) and headers were put in place- headers were scratched badly (being re-chromed) but there is about an inch of clearance to the frame rails. Looking through older threads it seems as if Doug's headers are a better fit, but I don't believe I can return the TTI headers at this point.

Any tips of the trade on how to make this install possible? Advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Illcuda65

Some pictures may help get an idea where the interferences are.

I'm debating whether to use TTI's and when Intalked to Sam he advised to keep all the motor mount and K frame bolts loose until you get the headers properly positioned.

I would think it probably wouldn't hurt to over size any through bolt holes and perhaps slot the motor mounts do you have a little fire and aft free play,

If I can put 1 7/8 TTI race headers and a 414 stroker in a 1991 Daihatsu Rocky I think they'll fit in your car, lol

Hello everyone-

I need the sage advice and wisdom from all your mopar years/experiences. I am currently replacing the 318 w/fenderwell headers in the car w/a hotter 340 (.20 over w/ported pro comp alum heads) and tti headers. The engine compartment has been degreased, freshly repainted (viper red) with new inner fenders installed- looks great- until.....

The engine was reinstalled (Schumacher motor mounts all the way around, w/torque strap) and headers were put in place- headers were scratched badly (being re-chromed) but there is about an inch of clearance to the frame rails. Looking through older threads it seems as if Doug's headers are a better fit, but I don't believe I can return the TTI headers at this point.

Any tips of the trade on how to make this install possible? Advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Illcuda65

Attachments

• image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 188
-
Back