TTI install .. sweet

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
After getting the Dart up high enough (real high), dropping the center link, asking the wife for a hand ..... one hour tops, not a scratch, oh and I've never installed headers before. I read other posts that had me concerned. I can definitely vouch for the fitment of these headers. Starter and 90 degree adapter were off as well (small block) , will reinstall and button things up tonight. Not sure where others have had issues, but no stress, no fuss.

Auto car right? Clutch linkage is where the fun is!

They fit fine and are good headers.

Hi I am looking at putting TTI's on my dart, do yoiu have any pictures of how they fit from underneath around the steering linkages and etc?
Dwayne

Here's some shots before putting it in the bay.

headers005-1.jpg

headers021.jpg

After getting the Dart up high enough (real high), dropping the center link, asking the wife for a hand ..... one hour tops, not a scratch, oh and I've never installed headers before. I read other posts that had me concerned. I can definitely vouch for the fitment of these headers. Starter and 90 degree adapter were off as well (small block) , will reinstall and button things up tonight. Not sure where others have had issues, but no stress, no fuss.

And thats what makes them worth the money spent..:cheers:

good to hear about a good installation experience...my last one was simple with 3 piece HeadersbyEd....in 1973..i've stayed away from all the "linkage
through the pipes" ever since...but am starting to consider TTI's, thxs!!
...67GTX.>>..what kind of water pump is that?

mind sharing which TTI's you got, from where and how much $$ ?

thanks,

Kenny

Yeah, What he asked.
And whats the little nipple on the fuel pump block off plate for?
Part of the Paxton setup?

My initial guess would be it's a `68 water pump with the water outlet on the driver's side, and the nipple on the fuel pump block-off is probably an oil return line for the supercharger.

Getting back on-topic, my TTI 4 spd. installation is going to wait until the spring. Sorry guys...you'll have to wait for the photo-install sequence. 8)

good to hear about a good installation experience...my last one was simple with 3 piece HeadersbyEd....in 1973..i've stayed away from all the "linkage
through the pipes" ever since...but am starting to consider TTI's, thxs!!
...67GTX.>>..what kind of water pump is that?

It's an early cast iron pump and the little nipple is a oil drain from the Paxton. Custom made from our designs.

The one tube that goes outboard of the torsion bar drivers side is just about touching the bar, every once and a while I can hear and feel it hit. Whats the best way to alleviate? I don't want to heat the pipe and ruin the coating. They are still pretty after 8 years! D

I believe this is the slip fit pipe....D

-
Back