TTi Mounts - clearance

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
Anyone using the TTI engine mount adapters wit the rubber insulator sandwhich mounts.

Recent discussion on another forum shows that the TTIs raise the engine height a fair bit............How did you find hood clearance?

In what car? etc.....

On my 4 dodge polara 500, I have the TTI engine adapters and Shumacher poly loc mounts and they fir just fine......although the instruction say to shave some of the poly loc mount on the drivers side for header clearence, but other than that, they are fine and the engine sets where it should be.

That would be the B Body mounts however....

My concerns are are with the A body coversion mounts - anyone got any experience with them?

I already had a hood scoop on my 68 cuda with an eddy dual quad and the air cleaner pops through the hood. You might have a better chance with a single 4 bbl. Map63Vette has gone though the air cleaner issues. Here is hid build thread but I don't know if he has a thread on the air cleaner. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=141464
Buschi340 modified his own but he is running an XV. I would check his posts or pm Map63Vette to find out what he did. Joe

Thanks HJjnr - the way the mags talk..its just a straight drop in ..there's usually no mention of clearance issues.

I may still get lucky, running a drop base K&N 14 x 3" cleaner with filter top - but knowing what to expect will give me more time to prepare.

I say if you are worried build your own motor mounts. Heck it took me 1 afternoon to get my engine mounted the way I wanted. You just have to be willing to cut the old motor mounts off of the k-frame.

And it was cheaper then buying the tti's. Though if you plan to run TTI conversion headers then you don't have a choice and need to run their mounts to ensure a clean fit.

Simple as that. Figure out your combo and make it work.

-
Back