TTI system questions

-

dusterglenn

Reaction score
Is there two different H-pipes for A bodies? A 108" & 111" wheelbase versions? The H-pipe for my Duster seems like it's too long. Do I need to cut 3" off?
Also, everyone will tell you to start with the tailpipes when installing a TTi system. That will work great if you have headers, but if you've got manifolds, you're going to need to start at the front and work back. So have the Magazine gurus never installed the system for manifolds?

When I installed my TTI headers, exhaust, and H pipe there was a small amount of material that had to be cut to length and I think it was the H pipe or the adapters to the H pipe to the headers

You do have to start with the tail pipes and just button it up at the H pipe to manifolds.

Here's what I ran into. If you assemble the system complete with headpipes starting at the rear, you can't raise the front up into place. The suspension is in the way. If you attach the headpipes to the manifolds then try to raise the rest of the system, you can't slip the headpipes into the h-pipe. The only success I had was doing the opposite of the instructions, starting from the front and working back.

I hade to start in the front and move to the back. I tried to start in the back, but you could not get the head pipes up in there. 68 Barracuda with Hipo manifolds

I did a 2.5 H system on my Dart with 18" mufflers last year. System is really nice, but does not hug the floor pans from the H to the collectors. It could be much better in that area. Otherwise, I'm happy. Only other alternative is about 1500 for a real mandrel custom system.

I'm doing an x-pipe system right now which may be a little different, I'm running everything from the rear through the x assembly, then doing the downpipes from the front, it looks like I'll have to cut about 3 inches off of them (for the shorter wheelbase) and then I'll add the slip connectors for the x last. H pipe may not have those slip connectors though, they are width and length adjusting which is very nice.

-
Back