TTI X-Pipe Exhaust Install

-

Demon 408

Reaction score
A few pictures of my TTI 2.5 inch X-Pipe exhaust. I did a couple of test fittings before the final install. Once I had everything adjusted and lined up where I wanted it I took the x-pipe to the muffler shop and had them weld all the pieces together for me instead of using the supplied clamps. All in all, I'm happy with the fit. Commentary included before picture.

Also, click the following link to read my previous thread about TTI header install: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=60549

TTI Rectangle tailpipe extension in the two following pictures.

TTI Exhaust01.JPG

TTI Exhaust02.JPG

The next three pictures show the three bolt flanges I had welded in just before the mufflers. I did this so I could drop the entire x-pipe if I need to remove the 4-speed for clutch work.

TTI Exhaust04.JPG

TTI Exhaust06.JPG

TTI Exhaust07.JPG

I had to do some creative adjusting to get the x-pipe to fit below my driveshaft loop. I installed the front slip pipes on the opposite side (right on the left and left on the right) so the x-pipe dips down slightly to clear the loop. Also, because the small block is narrower than the big block it was nessecary to cut the header extensions and slip pipes so the x-pipe would match up to the header flanges.

TTI Exhaust08.JPG

TTI Exhaust10.JPG

This last picture shows that the TTI tailpipes will work with the offset spring hanger.

TTI Exhaust09.JPG

TTI Exhaust01.JPG

TTI Exhaust02.JPG

TTI Exhaust04.JPG

TTI Exhaust06.JPG

TTI Exhaust07.JPG

TTI Exhaust08.JPG

TTI Exhaust10.JPG

TTI Exhaust09.JPG

looks beutifull, good job there! and car seems to be in very good shape to!

Wow,nice job and nice clean car.When the car's not there do you eat off the floor?8)

Wow,nice job and nice clean car.When the car's not there do you eat off the floor?8)

LOL. Yeah, I just yelled at the wife for shaking out the rugs from the house in my garage! I painted the garage floor when I bought the house, best investment yet. The light beige color on the floor makes the garage seem bigger and brighter.

Very well thought out on the install with the driveshaft loop. That underside is clean clean. Very nicely done.

Grant

-
Back