Tubbing the T.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
So me and pops have been unhappy with the rear axle location and the tires sticking out so dang far on the drag car. seing as I destroyed the rear housing a few weeks ago and a new motor is goin in the car I talke pops into letting me loose with the plasma cutter....

Heres the result so far.

Next the drip rail in the trunk is going away as are all the body braces. lots more cutting and a ton of fab to go but it will be nice and done right.

Throwing away the orignal trunk floor did not feal right but pops said toss it, so I did....

Enjoy.

nice work but I have to caution you. #1, get that brake line out between the coil spring and on to of the housing. #2, get those coil-overs straight up and down. it maybe the way you took the pic but the rear housing looks a if it has way to much nose up angle, it should be 1-3 degrees nose down. seeing how this is in the jokes section you might be spoofing us.

Does this thread need to be moved out of this thread COPE ? Makes me go Haaaa !

its not a joke, i just put ot here as its not a MOPAR.

I tore the rear end out of the car a few weeks ago doing burnouts.
and just havent pulled it out yet, thats why its smashed into the floor, springs and break line....

yeah I know, should not have just welded tabs on the housing..
The 4 link will have 1/4" pipe sleaved over the housing on the new 9"..live an learn right?

Im thinking i may just repair and shorten the above 8.8 and use ot for my dart drag build.. Pops dont want it and the price is right..

Heres the start of the pattern that will become the buck for forming the steel tub.

enjoy!

The entire trunk will be sheet aluminum and coper, bead rolled and riveted with fuel cell and bat..

its gonna look NICE!

also the cage is going in the dumpster and getting rebuilt to 9 second NHRA spec.. (there was no saving it, it just needed to much work.. best to start fresh..)

Nice work! Hay, you live and learn. At least nobody got hurt when the bracket broke loose. Now you have the opportunity to fix it right.

How come this is in the joke thread?

Thanks man, I know i seem to but heads with a lot of folks on here, you included, the fact that a few of ya like it makes me happy. Me and my pops work our asses off to pay for and build these cars..

I gotta finish this car and the model A, Then I get to start on my car.. 1971 440 Dart full out 1/4 mile car..

heres the new motor for the T..
injected 454..

she should break everything behind it!

and heres the motor that's gonna (with your help) blow the dam doors off that chevy ford hybrid...

MOPAR FOR THE WIN!

Thanks for all the time and advise.

Tubs are pretty much done..
The stich welded plate is to attach the bottom of the tub with button head bolts.

Flanged the old metal, rolled the tub over with a body hammer and dolly then stich welded the tub to the body for a nice factory roll and solid connection.

That body bulkhead/brace you see in the first pic is going away when we start on the new floor. The cage is also going in the dumpster and will be rebuilt to -9 second NHRA specs..

Thanks again for all the time and advice.

-
Back