Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud5070

cloud5070 New Member

Local Time:
    7:28 AM
    Contact Seller
    looking for 4.56 crown and pinion to fit 741 and pre 1964 pickup or van tapered axles approx 33" long

2. NITROTRIP

NITROTRIP Active Member

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    Cloud5070,
    I think you are looking for a ring & pinion set? 4.56 ratio. 1 5/8 pinion shaft size.
    This is for a 8 3/4 axle that the early Tucker used before they went with the Dana 60?
    I might know a guy that might have a used set, but he might nit want to turn them loose.
    I have worked in the snowcat industry for 24yrs. I will shake some tree's and see what I can find. Call Randy's ring & pinion and they might try also for a used set. I think there are only 2 ratio's that are available new and they are very shallow, not anywhere as deep
    as 4.56.
    Another option would be to get a 742 or a 489 case and 4.56 gears and set them up with
    your carrier if your spider gears have a odd spline. 741 case 4.56 gears are VERY RARE!!
    I can do the conversion for you if you need someone. As I repair LMC / Thiekol Bombaidere Mog stearing brake axles in those very old cat's.
    Send me a PM if you want me to look for you.
    Take Care,

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.