Tuff Wheel Adapter does not fit

-
If collapsed that is the lower shaft into the upper shaft. Should not effect this.
The adapter should not rub against the collar even if you push on it.
I think the upper shaft is not into the bearing all the way. Does it have the snip ring on it?

In your last pic it doesn't look like the upper shaft is through the head unit all the way.

If collapsed that is the lower shaft into the upper shaft. Should not effect this.
The adapter should not rub against the collar even if you push on it.
I think the upper shaft is not into the bearing all the way. Does it have the snip ring on it?
Yeah, snap ring is on. I see there is two grooves for snap rings. Do both use them or just the rear?

The adapter will actually bind against turn signal housing if push it on to much. Like there should be more shaft for the adapter to slide on
Not sure if this is relevant to your situation but that is the same thing that happens if you put a pre 73 steering wheel on a 73 or later column.

Ok I'm curious as to what problem he was having as I disagree with that. This 3 spoke deluxe wheel was available on 71-3 A and B bodies. Same part number for all 3 years. I have a few cars in the yard with the same wheel. Blue one is a 73 Scamp and the green one is a 72 Dart. Also have a 72 Charger and have had several other 71-3 cars with the same wheel. On E bodies the same crush can fits all 70-74 E columns.

20200414_132209.jpg

20201009_131016.jpg

I don't know how you can ID the column years but I tried to take a steering wheel off of a 70 valiant and installed it into a 75 valiant and it did rub the turn signal cam and also pushed the horn roller all the way down tight. Like I said I don't know if its relevant to this situation but it's just something I experienced in the past.

Found the problem. Big brain fart after hearing a close friend of mine passed away from complications of having COVID-19. I had the steering lock ring on backwards. Sorry about the confusion guys. Thanks for helping me look harder at what I was doing! Yall have a great day & stay safe out there!

I don't know how you can ID the column years but I tried to take a steering wheel off of a 70 valiant and installed it into a 75 valiant and it did rub the turn signal cam and also pushed the horn roller all the way down tight. Like I said I don't know if its relevant to this situation but it's just something I experienced in the past.
Ok well that answers it. 70 is a one year only wheel. 71-76 wheel will work on your 75 column.

-
Back